Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are CPU Depth Charts Broken in Offline Franchise like Online? (/forums/showthread.php?t=373784)

Phife1442 11-03-2009 03:57 PM

Are CPU Depth Charts Broken in Offline Franchise like Online?

In my online franchise (like 4 years deep), Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are 3rd string qb's (they are both 90+ still) and their teams start guys who are about 60 ovr. Does this happen in the offline franchises as well?

It really ruins some of the challenge and the fun when it seems like the CPU makes their teams worse than better.

rylynner 11-03-2009 11:44 PM

Re: Are CPU Depth Charts Broken in Offline Franchise like Online?

Actually, they don't seem to be too bad. I'm just starting a new franchise with the 49ers, but I did get 5 years into with the Packers and they depth charts filled out pretty well. A few glitches but much better than what it was before.

I have noticed that when a cpu controlled team drafts a sleeper in a late round they usually sign him to a one year deal. The crappy Lions for instance drafted a WR in the 6th round who was an 88 overall after his first season. His contract was up and they let him go to free agency rather than resinging him. He did sign a 5 year deal with the Jets for quite a bit of money but you would expect the team that drafted him to keep him around. It seems to be a bit of a problem with more team. I noticed after my second year in a franchise a lot of 2nd year guys in the mid 80's looking for new teams.

Overall though the teams seem to have drafts that make sense for the most part and make FA signings that fill needs for their teams.