Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Offseason questions (offline franchise) (/forums/showthread.php?t=373841)

BloodMeridian 11-03-2009 08:41 PM

Offseason questions (offline franchise)

How do you determine how much profit your team made during the season?

How do you determine what upgrades to buy and how have they affected your franchise in later years? (I've only played three seasons thus far)

Are you still able to rebuild your stadium because it seems to me you have to relocate and design a whole new team in order to do this. I figure I must be missing something. Could they really have neglected this feature and added fight for the fumble and the ea rewind instead?

Marsh43 11-03-2009 09:23 PM

Re: Offseason questions (offline franchise)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodMeridian (Post 2040408655)
How do you determine how much profit your team made during the season?

How do you determine what upgrades to buy and how have they affected your franchise in later years? (I've only played three seasons thus far)

Are you still able to rebuild your stadium because it seems to me you have to relocate and design a whole new team in order to do this. I figure I must be missing something. Could they really have neglected this feature and added fight for the fumble and the ea rewind instead?

I buy the upgrades that dont cost anything after the inital payment like the rainwater collection one, solar panels etc.

PlatooN 11-03-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh43 (Post 2040408807)
I buy the upgrades that dont cost anything after the inital payment like the rainwater collection one, solar panels etc.

blah..all that stuff is pointless now.

what year was it that you could be so financially screwed you would be forced to relocate?

that was good.

BloodMeridian 11-03-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falzon (Post 2040408842)
blah..all that stuff is pointless now.

what year was it that you could be so financially screwed you would be forced to relocate?

that was good.

I remember that! I rememer one Madden where during the offseason four of the CPU teams relocated to different cities. Never seen that since. There should be a thread based on the good ole days of Madden and all the different modes and capabilities you had.

csthopper 11-04-2009 12:38 PM

I'm pretty far into my franchise and have purchased every stadium upgrade you can buy (I kinda knew that would screw me). Now my team can't turn a profit.

During the last staff signing phase i was 30 million in the hole. The game wouldn't let me hire a coach, so I let the CPU fill the staff positions for me. I don't know what the AI does, but it fills the positions with Ok coaches and moves on the Retirement phase.