Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A "How To" Guide On Rebuilding St Louis Rams (/forums/showthread.php?t=374263)

maddenfalcon 11-05-2009 02:58 PM

A "How To" Guide On Rebuilding St Louis Rams

Hello Everyone,

Here is a "How To" guide on being a sucessful franchise with the St. Louis Rams.

Step 1: At The Beginning of the season, you must aquire a good LB core, and you can suceed in this step bu putting SS O.J. Atogwe on the trade block. (wait til week 1 and put on trade block for a MLB 88) Jerod Mayo should pop up (need lastest roster) and you can trade OJ for J Mayo (MLB 88) Brandon Meriweather (FS 88) and Adalius Thomas (OLB 86).

ONLY DO THIS TRADE IF YOU HAVE A LITTLE SENSE OF FUN IN YOU BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW IT'S NOT REALISTIC!

Step 2: Change your settings in the first year to 70% Running. (Allow S Jackson to explode and make Bulger look like an odd man out).

Step 2 1/2: Aquire a Powerful #2 back. (Suggestions S. Greene, L. White, Or J Stewart)...Best bet would be S Greene because he is young and grows very quick.

Step 3: (Off-Season) MUST release anyone who has C potential (espiecially Randy McMichael) and free cap space for up coming draft. Try to aquire a mediocre DT in F/A or wait til draft if you please.

Step 4: (Requires Draft Classes) Aquire a QB of your choice, (Usually top 10 pick) and make that guy your future (C. McCoy,T. Tebow Etc..)

Then Draft (TOP TEAM NEEDS) not players you like, or such as a Dez Bryant who may be a 5th round selection in some cases.

Step 5: In Beginning of Season 2, Get a Talented (79-85 OVR) WR who can hold your offense and pass game together with D. Avery. (J. Jones,P Garcon,A Collie,Etc..)

Step 6: After these steps, you must build off your talent and draft skills.

ONE MAJOR RULE: Do not sign players who are OVER 30 years of age unless they are Superstars, keep your cap low!

Thank you!

vaibhavp3 11-05-2009 03:09 PM

Re: A "How To" Guide On Rebuilding St Louis Rams

kl i love rebuilding task i did one with the llions kinda fun.

maddenfalcon 11-05-2009 03:11 PM

try out my steps, im sure you'll enjoy more sucess!

Stroehms 11-05-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddenfalcon (Post 2040415587)
Hello Everyone,

Here is a "How To" guide on being a sucessful franchise with the St. Louis Rams.

Step 1: At The Beginning of the season, you must aquire a good LB core, and you can suceed in this step bu putting SS O.J. Atogwe on the trade block. (wait til week 1 and put on trade block for a MLB 88) Jerod Mayo should pop up (need lastest roster) and you can trade OJ for J Mayo (MLB 88) Brandon Meriweather (FS 88) and Adalius Thomas (OLB 86).

This would be a realistic trade granting the Pats are getting older and looking to rebuild through the draft by lowering their Cap.

Step 2: Change your settings in the first year to 70% Running. (Allow S Jackson to explode and make Bulger look like an odd man out).

Step 2 1/2: Aquire a Powerful #2 back. (Suggestions S. Greene, L. White, Or J Stewart)...Best bet would be S Greene because he is young and grows very quick.

Step 3: (Off-Season) MUST release anyone who has C potential (espiecially Randy McMichael) and free cap space for up coming draft. Try to aquire a mediocre DT in F/A or wait til draft if you please.

Step 4: (Requires Draft Classes) Aquire a QB of your choice, (Usually top 10 pick) and make that guy your future (C. McCoy,T. Tebow Etc..)

Then Draft (TOP TEAM NEEDS) not players you like, or such as a Dez Bryant who may be a 5th round selection in some cases.

Step 5: In Beginning of Season 2, Get a Talented (79-85 OVR) WR who can hold your offense and pass game together with D. Avery. (J. Jones,P Garcon,A Collie,Etc..)

Step 6: After these steps, you must build off your talent and draft skills.

ONE MAJOR RULE: Do not sign players who are OVER 30 years of age unless they are Superstars, keep your cap low!

Thank you!

I'm a huge Rams fan. Glad other people play with them too, GO RAMS!

shep64 11-05-2009 03:46 PM

I like the raiders more than the rams to rebuild.... The cap situation in Oak makes for fun.

winrehs 11-05-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shep64 (Post 2040415827)
I like the raiders more than the rams to rebuild.... The cap situation in Oak makes for fun.

I agree but I don't like their uniforms, and that's what keeps me away from rebuilding them. :smirk:

redsoxallday 11-05-2009 05:00 PM

or u can be good at madden pick up Plaxico Burress. Control Little on defense every time and pick up sacks.

Rams fan, always use them, 10-3 record:wink:

filtertmp 11-05-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddenfalcon (Post 2040415587)
OJ for J Mayo (MLB 88) Brandon Meriweather (FS 88) and Adalius Thomas (OLB 86).

This would be a realistic trade granting the Pats are getting older and looking to rebuild through the draft by lowering their Cap.