Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Join me in discipline and be a smart consumer (/forums/showthread.php?t=374400)

TapThatPass 11-06-2009 04:59 AM

Join me in discipline and be a smart consumer

Hey all,

Well, let me preface this thread by saying that if you enjoy this game then there's no reason at all to read this post so you might as well hit the "back" button. This is not meant for you... Keep enjoying your game and I respect the fact that you enjoy it!

Now... To us cold souls who find Madden collecting massive amounts of dust on our shelves...

Be disciplined for Madden 2011. I'm the first to admit that I have yet to really enjoy a Madden title on the current consoles. Yet, year after year, I've bought the game within a couple weeks (or sometimes, even the midnight purchase). Even after reading reviews and hearing the complaints. I've just bought this game for so damn long and enjoyed it so much over the years that I have had an obsessive loyalty to it. No more! EA has yet to live up to their promises.

I can't play a game where ratings do not matter, sim stats are broken and many other countless issues are present. I can no longer bank on a patch saving the game and not getting said patch until the season is halfway over. Putting CB's and WR's on the offensive line and dominating guys like Jared Allen, Mario Williams and other stud defensive linemen is a joke. Of course you don't have to exploit this if you don't want, but you *know* it's there and that ruins it for me. I enjoy building my team through needs and when I see a stud OL available to draft or sign, I know that it doesn't matter what his ratings are, so why spend the money? It's things like this that make me HATE this game right now. EA knows all about it, but have they taken the time to respond? Has Ian been here to answer our questions? He came here because that was part of his job... Marketing. I laugh at the people who said, "Ian sure was cool, to come here and hang out with us and listen to us..." Yeah, where is Ian NOW? When he has a disgruntled customer base?

I could go on forever so I won't... all I'm asking is that for us who are fed up to not buy the game next year until we've informed ourselves. Whether that's by renting the game or reading tons of reviews and scouring message boards... Don't buy the game until EA has somewhat proven that they've stepped up.

Be a smart customer or expect the same crap every year.

Einstein had a quote about this... Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results is insane. That's what I've been because I've easily spent $300 on this game since the new consoles have been out and I have never truly enjoyed this game.

winrehs 11-06-2009 05:21 AM

Re: Join me in discipline and be a smart consumer

I'm IN. I'm not going to buy Madden just like I did for the past few years. If there would be another football sim (NFL) then I'm willing to try it out. IF, if ever I'd buy Madden 11, I'll make sure that I'm going to buy it at the mid-season or maybe at the playoffs, read some stuff and everything. Just to make sure that I didn't waste my money on something so....SHALLOW...yeah...I think that's the word for Madden right now.

laceltic 11-06-2009 07:17 AM

you can count me in bro...we have to let our money speak...mlb has their act together so does 2k....ea has been doing some shady stuff...if we dont buy it...you will force them to make a change

swivel63 11-06-2009 07:46 AM

i won't be buying it.

but i didn't buy 2006-2009, either.

roadman 11-06-2009 08:39 AM

If in doubt, rent it first.

This is not the first thread or first time anyone on here is suggesting not to buy the next years version and it won't be the last.

Dianwei32 11-06-2009 09:32 AM

With all due respect, your abstaining from buying Madden next year, or even for the rest of your life, will not affect EA in any way. Madden sells millions upon millions of units every year, and at best somewhere around a couple thousand people visit OS frequently enough and care about getting a better product out of EA enough to abstain from Madden.

Even if everyone who visited OS didn't buy Madden next year, it wouldn't make a noticable dent in EA's profits. Our only hope for a better Madden comes from the people at EA like Ian who genuinely want to make a better product for us. Admittedly, Madden 10 didn't quite live up to the hype that Ian and Co. generated for it, but very few highly-hyped games do live up to expectations.

All that being said, I probably won't buy Madden next year simply because I enjoy this year's version. M10 has been the first Madden where I've genuinely wanted to keep playing long enough to make it through multiple years of a Franchise. In '08 and '09 I made it about 10-12 games into the season, simmed the rest, did the offseason stuff and didn't care enough to keep playing the next year. This year, I've made it to year 4 in multiple Franchises.

Jackdog 11-06-2009 09:35 AM

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hread-2-a.html

You got a gripe about the game? Here's the thread to put it in.