Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Inaccurate stat tracking a problem? (/forums/showthread.php?t=374592)

DevilsEve666 11-07-2009 12:01 AM

Inaccurate stat tracking a problem?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i am a long time madden gamer since sega genesis. ANd i just played the first game of my franchise and michael turner got credited w/ 3 Touchdowns when he only had 2... i had a 65 yd. run where i went out of bounds at the one yard line (game summary says i had a 65 yd. TOUCHDOWN?) and then on the next play i had a 1 yd. touchdown (game summary got this one right) and i also went on to score one more touchdown w/ Michael turner. So now in my franchise stats it says Turner has 3 TD's when he really only has 2...i don't think i have ever seen this in Madden before, or at least i haven't noticed it...this drives me crazy. i'm gonna have to replay that game now because of this.

So my question is does this happen often enough to where i need to start checking the stat tracking at the end of each game? Or was this just a one time fluke?

Victor Fox 11-07-2009 01:46 AM

Re: Inaccurate stat tracking a problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsEve666 (Post 2040421759)
i'm gonna have to replay that game now because of this.

I don't really see the need to replay the entire game, especially if you won... But i understand the frustration of shoddy virtual statisticians. While i've never seen this myself, i would assume this is simply an instance of the computer generating something different than what the "officials" decided. Was there a referee conference after the initial play?

DevilsEve666 11-07-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Fox (Post 2040421960)
I don't really see the need to replay the entire game, especially if you won... But i understand the frustration of shoddy virtual statisticians. While i've never seen this myself, i would assume this is simply an instance of the computer generating something different than what the "officials" decided. Was there a referee conference after the initial play?

Nope, not that i remember...the original ruling was out of bounds at 1 yd. line...then i pounded it in on the next play, but still apparently i scored twice. So you've never seen this before?

Palo20 11-07-2009 05:54 PM

In 09 I had a similar sitution where my WR scored a TD, but was later ruled out at the 1. I then ran the ball in but the QB and WR were both credited with A TD pass.

In '10 I recently threw an INT, but the defender fumbled the return back to me. That play was also overturned so the D kept the ball, but my QB didn't get an INT.