Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   CPU formation shown on pre-snap menu? (/forums/showthread.php?t=374765)

DevilsEve666 11-07-2009 10:32 PM

CPU formation shown on pre-snap menu?

I never noticed this before, but on the menu when i'm calling my next play it shows what formation the CPU offense is gonna be in. How do you turn this off, this kinda gives me an edge ya know?

Yeah...THAT Guy 11-07-2009 10:52 PM

Re: CPU formation shown on pre-snap menu?

All I've ever seen before is the package that they have.
ex: 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE
Or Wildcat. That's the only time I've ever seen them say what formation. Wildcat and field goals/punt

kehlis 11-07-2009 10:54 PM

Where are you seeing the exact formation?

There is nothing unrealistic about knowing the personnel packages if that is what you are referring to.

Edit: aside from when you are told it is going to be the wildcat. That I don't like.

DevilsEve666 11-07-2009 11:15 PM

what i'm seeing is " 4 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE" or like "2 WR, 2 RB, 2 TE"
This is normal? i've never noticed this before, does the opposition really know what package the offense is gonna run before the play?

kehlis 11-07-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsEve666 (Post 2040425313)
what i'm seeing is " 4 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE" or like "2 WR, 2 RB, 2 TE"
This is normal? i've never noticed this before, does the opposition really know what package the offense is gonna run before the play?

They have no idea what package is being run but yes, they do know the personnel.

Dianwei32 11-08-2009 01:49 AM

That's perfectly fine. The defense can look over at the offense and see that there are X WRs, Y TEs, and Z RBs in a real football game. In my opinion it would be almost impossible to call plays without knowing what personnell the offense was sending out. Sure you canpick plays based on down/distance, but what happens when you come out in your base 4-3/3-4 in man coverage and the offense comes out with 5 WRs, so you have 3 WRs being covered by LBs? Or the reverse could happen where you send out a ton of DBs to defend the pass on 3rd and long and they gouge you for a huge run because your DBs can't tackle.

Getting the number of WRs, TEs and HBs isn't unfair at all, but it would be nice if it didn't tell you that they were running the Wildcat. There is typically no difference in personnel for the Wildcat, so they could come out with 2 WRs, 2 TEs and 1 HB and either normal formation or Wildcat. There is no way to tell it's the Wildcat until you see the HB in the QB position and the QB split out wide.

jvaccaro 11-09-2009 08:29 AM

this is the way it's always been and the way it needs to be.

mm boost 11-09-2009 08:53 AM

Thats the only way we would be able to successfully play defense...what happens if you play lets say the colts, its 4th and short, you put in goaline and blitz the house, expecting a run, but then they come out in 5 WR set and there is 5 open receivers? That wouldn't be realistic at all, I have always used this feature to call my defenses.

0 wr, 3 te's=goaline
1 or 2 wr=4-3 or goaline
3 wr=nickel
4 or 5 wr=dime 3-2-6

Thats how I call mine. Then on Wildcat, I usually put in dime 3-2-6, and do a zone blitz. Man coverage will get raped with the wildcat.