Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Issue With Depth Chart (/forums/showthread.php?t=375122)

Ungee34 11-09-2009 09:00 PM

Issue With Depth Chart

Not sure if its an issue with my depth chart, a holdout, or even an injury. Im playing my offline franchise 2nd Year with the Bears. I simmed the pre-season and first game, Caleb Hanie is my starting QB. So, of course I'm bummed, I go look at injuries, and Cutler isn't listed.
So, I finish my first game, go to the player management screen, nothing is listed on Cutler. No holdout tag, no injuries nothing. I go to my Depth Chart and he is my #1. I even signed him to an extension just in case it was a contract issue.
I start my second game, and still no Cutler. I cant sub him in, he's not even listed when I click the RB button for subs at the QB position. So, I quit the game, and tried simming instead, and Hanie is the only QB on the stat sheet. So, apparently the CPU won't use Cutler either.
I have no idea what the hell is going on...... Very frustrated I can't use my starting QB!!!!!!!!! What is happening right now?????? Is this a known bug? Did I do something to my Chise?
For some reason I never can play a Madden franchise on the next gen systems. Something always cripples it for me.....Here we go again I suppose.:confused:

Saber 11-09-2009 09:38 PM

Re: Issue With Depth Chart

Have you checked to see if he's on injured reserve?

Ungee34 11-09-2009 09:52 PM

Yep! He's not on IR. He just flat out is not able to play for some reason. I just released him and resigned him, of course he was pissed, and I had to pay him ridiculous money to re-sign. But now he can play. Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a new bug every year. I honestly haven't ever seen this one though.

Saber 11-09-2009 10:02 PM

I haven't seen anything like that myself... and I have no ideas that could help.

Rodgersfan12 11-09-2009 10:35 PM

Had something like this happen to me in my Bills franchise but with my RB Marshawn Lynch he was listed as my stater but Rashard Mendenhall would always start so win for me but if I tried to trade him it always traded my 2nd RB :confused:

Ungee34 11-10-2009 02:49 PM

That's very strange. That's the one thing I never tried was trading him. I did release him, and then in order to resign him, I had to pay him 21mil per year, that was a bummer!!! But, hey at least he is playing again. I hope this doesn't happen to any more of my players, or maybe I will try the trading route. I won't be able to afford them otherwise! hahaha!!! I love this game, but damn I hate all the little bugs...... <Big Sigh>