Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How to challenge a play? (/forums/showthread.php?t=375167)

DevilsEve666 11-10-2009 01:41 AM

How to challenge a play?

I ran into two instances last game where i wanted to challenge a play on a touchdown call. I had all my timeouts and it wasn't the last 2 minutes so i don't understand...i hit pause and looked for the challenge play option and it's not there, am i missing something here?

Valdarez 11-10-2009 01:52 AM

Re: How to challenge a play?

I encountered a bug in the game. If a player catches the ball as they cross the plane, but they don't get two feet in, it will count it as a TD, and you will not have the opportunity to challenge it. I think it's just a bug. Catching IN the endzone and challenging the catch / in bounds there works fine, but if you are catching the ball as you cross the plane, then it doesn't register properly and your out of luck. Had a guy catch it, get one foot in bounds (barely) and the second out by a yard, but I couldn't challenge it. :(

Howie75 11-10-2009 01:57 AM

I remember wanting to challenge possession on a TD and not being able to. Can't remember the exact circumstances though.

Overall, I would have to say I think the challenge system works about as well as it has in any videogame (not perfect but pretty good)

Valdarez 11-10-2009 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howie75 (Post 2040434136)
I remember wanting to challenge possession on a TD and not being able to. Can't remember the exact circumstances though.

Overall, I would have to say I think the challenge system works about as well as it has in any videogame (not perfect but pretty good)

Agreed.

Now the refs... that's a different story. :)

After playing Madden 10 for the last couple of weeks, I feel like I've been working on the chain gang. heh... Need to record every time they come out and make a video of that to the song.

RGiles36 11-10-2009 08:10 AM

The challenge system is tricky in Madden and I haven't figured it out. I've run into multiple occasions where I wanted to challenge and didn't have the option.

kpkpkp 11-10-2009 11:00 AM

Yeah the other day the CPU was on 3rd and short against me.

The CPU's HB ran up the middle and I swear he didnt cross the line for the 1st down, but the CPU got it.

I wanted to challenge the spot of the ball but the option wasnt there.

Can you not challenge such a play?

Can you only challenge when your team has possetion?

I just dont get challenges in this game...

A few plays later in the same game, I came to a close call on 3rd and short while I had the ball, and could challenge when the ruling went against me.

So I was able to challenge the same exact situation when I was going on 3rd and short, but was not able to challenge the CPU going on 3rd and short...

Also at another point a CPU receiver made a sideline catch that was ruled inbounds I wanted to challenge, but the option was not there.

JaymeeAwesome 11-10-2009 11:14 AM

I've come across in my games that at any time the "chain gang" or the refs discuss inbounds/outbounds and touchdown/no touchdown that the challenge option has not been available to me.....

kickphat 11-10-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymee13 (Post 2040434854)
I've come across in my games that at any time the "chain gang" or the refs discuss inbounds/outbounds and touchdown/no touchdown that the challenge option has not been available to me.....

That's because the play has been ruled dead and you can't challenge a play that has been rules dead. Like when a HB is running for the first down marker but is stood up by half the DEF and he never touches the ground. the play is ruled dead and you can't challenge the spot of the ball.