Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coach Aspect of Madden ... (/forums/showthread.php?t=375300)

Steeler99 11-10-2009 05:45 PM

Coach Aspect of Madden ...

One thing I'd really like to see implemented in the Madden series is more of a "coach aspect". Basically give us an option to start a franchise similar to what dynasty mode has in NCAA.

By that I mean when I take over a team, I am their new head coach, however I still get to control the players during games. If I have more losses than wins over a few seasons, I may get fired, but if I take a weakling and make them strong I should start seeing offers from other teams ... or I should simply be able to finish out my contract and move on to another team of my choosing (assuming they are needing a coach).

This would really add a lot of fun to franchise mode by allowing us to "move on" to a new team depending on our success level. I mean look at a guy like Parcells, he's coached the Giants, Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys over the years ... give us the ability to do just that in our franchises!

lowndsy 11-10-2009 06:22 PM

Re: Coach Aspect of Madden ...

I agree!

rws591 11-10-2009 06:25 PM

Control all the teams in chise and you, sir, can do that.

Steeler99 11-10-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rws591 (Post 2040436382)
Control all the teams in chise and you, sir, can do that.

I'm aware of that, but really don't care to control 32 teams. Controlling all 32 teams eliminates ANY cpu trades and can get tedious, so imo is not an effective fix for this lacking option. Plus that leaves it up to YOU to fire or hire yourself?

Just make it like NCAA where you sign a coach contract when you take over a team and that gives us a real fix!

Or better yet, have an option similar to "superstar" mode, but where you create your self as a coach. Maybe you have to start out as a coordinator first, then work your way up to a head coach? Again, I would still want to control the players in-game, but maybe as a coordinator you only control your half of the game (offense or defense) ... only after achieving a head coach position can you control both sides of the ball .... that would really enhance franchise mode and be FUN if you ask me!