Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Best Passing, Rushing, Balanced playbooks and why. (/forums/showthread.php?t=375314)

TJMINTER81 11-10-2009 06:25 PM

Best Passing, Rushing, Balanced playbooks and why.

As a Madden fan, I strive to get other players opinions about different aspects of the game. I'm a pretty heavy passer myself and I generally play with the Packers. I'd like to hear some of your opinions on the different playbooks and why you think they'd work best for the prototypical passing/rushing/balanced offense.

filtertmp 11-10-2009 08:57 PM

Re: Best Passing, Rushing, Balanced playbooks and why.

I like the browns playbook.. lot of heavier sets, has a few shotgun looks, and a wildcat formation.

Perfect if you like having a fullback, and it has a lot of pulling-guard run plays.

Seems like a good kind of 'vanilla' smashmouth set-up.

canes21 11-10-2009 09:15 PM

Whats a good playbook for the Redskins. I love to run the ball, but my offensive line is horrible as I have at least 2 starters out a game due to Samuels and Thomas being out for the season, but Heyer and Williams both get hurt every game it seems. So my line struggles, but I still like to pound the ball.

Also, when I do pass, half the times its quick routes so I can get the ball out fast. So I need a playbook for bad lines with a couple shotgun formations. And a good amount of PA too.

Heisman 11-10-2009 11:14 PM

The best passing playbook is New Englands IMO lots of spread formations out of the shotgun. The best running playbook is Carolina's. I always seem to run wild with Williams and Stewart, they also have a good wildcat formation.

Rodgersfan12 11-10-2009 11:35 PM

I love to pass so I really love to use the run and gun playbook.

jvaccaro 11-11-2009 10:03 AM

I really like Arizona's offensive playbook. In addition to the normal single back formation, there's several bigger formations with a FB and TE to run out of, and there's also a lot of shotgun and screen plays.

Yeah...THAT Guy 11-11-2009 03:32 PM

I like Cleveland's playbook a lot, also love Philadelphias because it has a lot of Seam plays that work beautifully. If you're looking for a heavy-run playbook though, the run balanced playbook is very nice. I can run with any running back with that playbook.