Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Found a big glitch that really hurts My Skill. (/forums/showthread.php?t=375402)

soccerluv 11-11-2009 04:22 AM

Found a big glitch that really hurts My Skill.

One huge problem for me this year on My Skill is that my rushing always seems to jump up above All Madden even though once I got up to 13 or so, I wasnt running well. Everything else seemed fine.

Then last night, I noticed the problem.

Steven Jackson had over 100 yards on 4 carries and I hadnt broken a long run at all.

Why did his stats show up like that?

Because I ran a screen pass for 40 yards and a swing pass out to the flats for about 45. These were being counted as rushing attempts in my stats. Now maybe I'm wrong but arent these passing attempts?

There is the reason human rushing jumps up so high when using my skill and basically ruins it. I dont know if it happens every time but I bet it happens enough.

This need to be relayed to the EA staff before this patch comes out. Fixing the flats will help some, but not enough.

tooldude79 11-11-2009 04:38 AM

Re: Found a big glitch that really hurts My Skill.

he probably caught the passes behind the QB

soccerluv 11-11-2009 06:13 AM

Maybe the pass to the flats, but the screen, no.

Are screens usually counted as running plays.

JaymeeAwesome 11-11-2009 08:08 AM

anything caught behind where the QB is throwing from is considered a run...plus if the HB drops the pass or misses it completely it's a fumble instead of an incomplete pass

Hova57 11-11-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerluv (Post 2040437743)
One huge problem for me this year on My Skill is that my rushing always seems to jump up above All Madden even though once I got up to 13 or so, I wasnt running well. Everything else seemed fine.

Then last night, I noticed the problem.

Steven Jackson had over 100 yards on 4 carries and I hadnt broken a long run at all.

Because I ran a screen pass for 40 yards and a swing pass out to the flats for about 45. These were being counted as rushing attempts in my stats. Now maybe I'm wrong but arent these passing attempts?

There is the reason human rushing jumps up so high when using my skill and basically ruins it. I dont know if it happens every time but I bet it happens enough.

This need to be relayed to the EA staff before this patch comes out. Fixing the flats will help some, but not enough.

no ur right it happen to me too you get very minimal gains you might get a twenty yard gain. but hopefully when patch comes out and it fixes the blocking logic on run where the the oline blocks the guy in front of them it will help . what i notice is they lock down on you which is fine, but many opportunities are there if the line blocks the guy in front of them

jvaccaro 11-11-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerluv (Post 2040437743)

Nope, you are wrong, not the game. If you throw the ball backwards, which is certainly possible on a flat route with the HB, then it's a rush. Same with a screen thrown backwards.

football5680 11-12-2009 12:29 AM

the reason mine is high is because when it is on a low difficulty the holes open up bigger then i use my blockers to break long runs. the higher the difficulty the less tackles i break and they get more penetration.

PGaither84 11-12-2009 02:16 AM

To be fair, two different times in the game I threw screens to my RB that were forward passes [I ran backwards and away from the screen before throwing it, no question it was forward pass] and they were TDs and the game stat log thingy said incomplete pass gain of 0 yards but they were like 20+ yard TDs and the TDs didn't show up in the box score. So the final score showed a close game where I actually beat the computer by 3 TDs.

I think there are bugs with screen passes... you know, other than them being terrible in this years game... other than that.