Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Is it the right time to start a MM? (/forums/showthread.php?t=375433)

SpHSpH 11-11-2009 10:32 AM

Is it the right time to start a MM?

I am planning to buy FIFA10 this weekend.

I am asking if it is a good time to begin a MM career?

I know that the patches/updates sometimes do not apply to established MM careers - and I would like to not have to restart.

Has anyone heard through the grapevine about any information regarding upcoming patches/updates? Is anything coming out soon? Anything of value to MM? Should I wait before I get started?

Thanks!

Krebstar 11-11-2009 12:34 PM

Re: Is it the right time to start a MM?

All depends on who you want to start with. If it's an English team, you'll need to wait. The upcoming squad update will fix the lower divisions custom tactics. Right now, they're all set to 70, so every team plays the same.

The squad update will effect a few other leagues and teams, such as the Brazilian league as well.

However, at this point, you're pretty safe to start a MM with La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, etc.

I think almost all of us here are waiting to start an EPL MM until the squad update comes out.

ggsimmonds 11-11-2009 02:55 PM

Is there any news as to when Ea will release the tactics fix? Will it be included in a upcoming squad update?

Krebstar 11-11-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2040439087)
Is there any news as to when Ea will release the tactics fix? Will it be included in a upcoming squad update?

It will be included in a squad update, although I do not think anyone has heard anything on a date yet. A few weeks ago, they said a few weeks. So, hopefully it's the very near future.

SpHSpH 11-11-2009 03:55 PM

Yes - this is exactly it.

I usually play in the English League (Swansea).

I am mostly concerned about the "all 70's" issue.

Still wondering if that squad update is coming.

Krebstar 11-11-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpHSpH (Post 2040439341)

Definitely wait to start one until the new squad update comes out.

Hooligan 11-11-2009 04:32 PM

There is some great work on custom tactics if you don't want to wait. I'm not sure how good EAs updates will be. I think I might go that route.

ImTellinTim 11-11-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpHSpH (Post 2040439341)

I started one with Newcastle in the Champsionship anyway. I'm still having fun, but it is a little annoying that all the teams play the same and fly at you all match long. If anything, running through at least part of a season will let you see how MM works this year as far as transfers, board confidence, expectations, etc.

I'm just not holding my breath for the update. I'm afraid that they're going to wait until all the January transfers are done since it's going to be released as a squad update. Not only that, but how diverse are the changes really going to be? Are they going to do the necessary research to really make it so the teams play as they do? Or are they just going to "neuter" the teams and make them all play at an equally less agressive level?

Your other option if you want to wait for the lower league updates is to just start one with one of the top leagues. Their teams have different tactics. They might not be true to life, but at least the teams play differently than each other.

If you have the time and patience to set it all up, there is a thread here that links you to the custom tactics project over at the EA boards. They've done a lot of good work. Last time I checked they had all of the Premiership teams done with realistic tactics, and several teams from other major European leagues done.