Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Depth chart? (/forums/showthread.php?t=375592)

DevilsEve666 11-12-2009 03:15 AM

Depth chart?

if you look at a depth chart online it list cornerbacks like RCB and LCB but in the game there is just one list for CB's...then they are numbered (1 and 2 being the starters) but how do we know who is left and right? is like 1 always left or what?

i was wondering the same thing about DT's...in the game there is only one DT category (no left and right) how do we know which one?

DakkoN 11-12-2009 06:31 AM

Re: Depth chart?

Just spend 5 minutes and test it in practice. CB1 is the left side CB (beside the LE/LOLB.. right side of screen on default camera view). CB2 is right side CB. CB3 is nickel back. DT1 is the right side DT in a 4-3 and the nose tackle in a 3-4. MLB1 in a 3-4 is the left side MLB and MLB2 is the right side MLB.

AboveTheRim 11-12-2009 06:59 AM

The whole depth chart thing is all messed up, idk why they cant just fix it up.

JaymeeAwesome 11-12-2009 09:12 AM

If I remember correctly I think that you can assign your CBs to a specific receiver to follow them all game. That way you won't have to remember who is left or right side.

TeamBuilder 11-12-2009 09:14 AM

If you are looking at the screen, Cornerback #1 will be lined up on the right side of the screen (so the left side of your defense). Cornerback #2 will be lined up on the left side of your screen (right side of your defense).

Note: If you're playing Man to Man coverage he will follow a receiver in motion, and if you have him assigned to a particular player he will follow him wherever he lines up.

DT #1 will be lined up on the right side of the screen (left DT spot of your defense, matched up against the right guard).

DT #2 will be lined up on the left side of the screen (right DT spot of your defense, matched up against the center and left guard).

P. Hays 11-12-2009 12:31 PM

This is a little topic but does anyone know how to remove a player from the depth chart once you have put him in a slot. For example:
If I put a DT in the 3rd slot and then I want to remove him and just leave the 3rd slot empty. I cant for the life of me figure out how.

JaymeeAwesome 11-12-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P. Hays (Post 2040442160)
This is a little topic but does anyone know how to remove a player from the depth chart once you have put him in a slot. For example:
If I put a DT in the 3rd slot and then I want to remove him and just leave the 3rd slot empty. I cant for the life of me figure out how.

I've always wanted to know the answer to that myself....

P. Hays 11-12-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymee13 (Post 2040442167)
I've always wanted to know the answer to that myself....

Ive tried pressing several buttons but Im starting to think there might not be a way to do this. Its really annoying when I want to remove a back-up HB that I have signed just incase of injury and the game automaticly puts him in on like a 3rd down situation or a time when I would rather have a tired 2nd or 1st string in. Its not a huge deal but I would really like to know how if there is a way.