Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Maximum Football (/forums/showthread.php?t=375909)

dp68 11-13-2009 04:50 PM

Maximum Football

There are some old threads about this one, but in the interim there have been a gazillion patches to Maximum Football and it is up to "2.0."

Just wondering what people think of this effort after all the patches, particularly old FPS FBPro fans.

NoDakHusker 11-18-2009 07:17 PM

Re: Maximum Football

I like it, it's really the customization options that make this game awesome. It doesn't play great, but with some tweaking it can be really fun.
2.0 has been out for a while now...and the guy who makes it I think went on to work at EA, so the chance of 3.0 is slim to none as I have snooped around the MaxFB forums and the guys there don't think 3.0 will happen.

clarkerots 11-19-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndhusker90 (Post 2040465918)
...and the guy who makes it I think went on to work at EA, so the chance of 3.0 is slim to none.

I'm guessing the game became a threat to Madden?

t11 11-19-2009 03:04 AM

Lol, good one clarkerots. This game is lightyears behind Madden, and that is saying a lot

GlennN 11-19-2009 03:03 PM

I loved the concept, but the game left alot to be desired. To me, it never came near the level of FBPro. In fairness, it was developed by one guy (David Winters), so we really can't expect the same amount of polish. It is a shame. With a better staff and additional resources, MaxFB could have been the new FBPro. Hopefully, one day he will try again. By the way, Mr. Winters, as far as I know, has another career (aside from game programming), and this was never his full-time job. I find it EXTREMELY unlikely he is working for EA.

therhino 11-20-2009 09:15 PM

First it's David Winter (no S) and DW did work at EA prior to MFB, but I doubt he works with them now.

NoDakHusker 11-22-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therhino (Post 2040473905)
First it's David Winter (no S) and DW did work at EA prior to MFB, but I doubt he works with them now.

Oh ok I got it backwards. I just remember someone on the Matrix Games forum saying he worked at EA or something along those lines.
Anyway, it was an ok game but it's way too expensive for what it offers(its $40)

SaintsGoMarching 12-01-2009 08:25 PM

Oh i had it mixed up, thanks for clearing that up.