Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Retirements (/forums/showthread.php?t=376367)

Senior Whitebread 11-16-2009 02:58 AM

Retirements

I was playing the other day in my franchise and had a thought. Every time a FA retires, there is no notification. Marvin Harrison, for example, stayed a FA my whole first year and then retired without any notification. I think it would be a fun touch to show EVERYONE who retires, including free agents.

Also, I think it would be nice to expand the DLC that allows you to keep players from retiring. Like, Marvin Harrison retires after the first year of franchise, and he is gone forever. It would be a cool feature to have a list of recently retired players who would come out of retirement to play again. Like if a team has alot of injuries at WR, they can try and talk Harrison out of retirement in year 2 or 3. Of course make it realistic where players aren't going strong at 45, but have a three year window after their initial retirement for them to come out.

Plus it would save EA having to insert Favre in after release every year

WG5516 11-16-2009 07:43 AM

Re: Retirements

They do have DLC with that feature. They have about 3 of those options u can use on players in your franchise.

o Mass Murda o 11-16-2009 12:20 PM

i cant believe marvin harrison stayed a fa all yr. he got scooped up in mine and lasted 2 yrs til he retired i believe. would be nice tho if they notified u of the fa's retiring tho. i guess now i know why i was looking for some guys to pick up and i couldnt find em anywhere with no noticed that they retired.

Steeler99 11-16-2009 12:37 PM

Is there any way to prevent players from retiring? For example Brett Favre seems to retire after one year every time I have simmed a season. It would be nice to have him stay in the game for at least 2-3 years ....

Senior Whitebread 11-17-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o (Post 2040456406)
i cant believe marvin harrison stayed a fa all yr. he got scooped up in mine and lasted 2 yrs til he retired i believe. would be nice tho if they notified u of the fa's retiring tho. i guess now i know why i was looking for some guys to pick up and i couldnt find em anywhere with no noticed that they retired.

I thought it was weird too. Especially when three of the Chargers WR's went down with injuries of 8 weeks, 10 weeks, and season ending after week two.

The main thing I want is for their to be a retired list. Like, you can view teams players, all NFL, and free agents right now. I think it would be cool to have another "Retired" list full of players who will accept the minimum to play for a year or two.

And you can keep Brett from retiring by using the DLC