Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What slider's are going to give a close game everytime out (/forums/showthread.php?t=376570)

hawk50 11-17-2009 01:34 AM

What slider's are going to give a close game everytime out

I have played many but can't find any worth my time. It is either I can run and can't pass or I can pass and not run. I want to have a game down to the wire for most games. Any idea's will be helpful thanks.

Valdarez 11-17-2009 01:44 AM

Re: What slider's are going to give a close game everytime out

There's really no such thing. I suggest looking in the Sliders forum though since that's where all the Sliders are posted. :)

Bellsprout 11-17-2009 01:54 AM

A close game every time isn't realistic, though. If you're the Pats and you're playing the Rams, that game isn't going to be close in real life, and it shouldn't be in Madden.

That said, i'm sure there's a bunch of sliders in the sliders forum with the word 'Sim' in the title.

chuckm1961 11-17-2009 10:52 AM

I have close games often, and I'm having a blast.

1. Pick a slider set from the forums, any slider set.
2. Play games and note where you struggle and where you dominate.
3. Adjust the sliders five clicks at a time. For example, if your QB never feels any heat, lower your D-line slider for pass defense by 5, and increase the CPU pass rush slider by 5.
4. Play a few more games and keep adjusting.
5. Be ready to adjust sliders regularly; as you get better with practice, it will take tougher sliders to make the games fun.
6. Be willing to give up some statistical realism for good competitive games. You can't have both... it's a game, not nirvana in a box.