Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why Charlie Batch is a reserve player ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=376863)

jmontana 11-18-2009 11:29 AM

Why Charlie Batch is a reserve player ?

I do not understand why Charlie Batch is a reserve player on the Steelers team.
I was playing yesterday with the Ravens and the beginning of the second quarter Big Ben got hurt, and entered the reserve Batch, he passed for 3 touchdowns and also ran for 23 yards.
He plays so well in real life?
:jpshakehe

Saber 11-18-2009 11:31 AM

Re: Why Charlie Batch is a reserve player ?

For the life of me, I can't imagine why this needed it's own thread...

P. Hays 11-18-2009 11:37 AM

Charlie Batch was good with the Lions but I dont really think he has done anything recently. Depending on what difficulty you were playing on the cpu might make Charlie look really good. Or maybe you cant play defense :p

Saber 11-18-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmontana (Post 2040464142)
Do not worry mate, if this topic does not interest you just do not answer it.
A hug.:jpshakehe

noted

thornie 11-18-2009 12:10 PM

If your point is that players do not play to their ratings, then I agree. But nowadays isn't that like saying the sky is blue?

John Kitna torched me for 4TDS, going 22-25 after I knocked Tony Romo out of the game in my Ravens franchise last night, so I'm bitter. Sorry.

P. Hays 11-18-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thornie (Post 2040464239)
If your point is that players do not play to their ratings, then I agree. But nowadays isn't that like saying the sky is blue?

John Kitna torched me for 4TDS, going 22-25 after I knocked Tony Romo out of the game in my Ravens franchise last night, so I'm bitter. Sorry.

If there was one thing that I would improve about the Madden games is that backup quaterbacks play like backups no matter what. though I think this year has been a step in the right direction there still needs to be work done. I had a computer created QB that was a 54 overall throw 65% of his passes for completions and beat my team pretty easily. I dont really care about losing but I would just like a 54 point quaterback to play like a 54 point QB. I just like the realism

Jimixiii 11-18-2009 03:38 PM

Charlie Batch is what I've always called an Elite Backup QB. He's never been solid enough to be a starter but he's one trusty backup when needed.