Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review (/forums/showthread.php?t=377202)

RaychelSnr 11-19-2009 07:18 PM

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review

While soccer has been the most popular sport in the world for a long time, it has yet to really take hold in the US. It has been a hit with youths but that interest seems to gradually wane with age. With the World Cup in 2010, English Premier League games on ESPN and a rising star in Jozy Altidore, the sport may gain a much larger audience in North America.

Simply put, Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 has already sold millions overseas. Now it’s time to take the battle to the place where football has a different meaning.

Read More - Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review

LingeringRegime 11-20-2009 05:21 AM

Maybe I'm crazy, but this game is very close to be the most enjoyable sports title this year. The Show is probably number 1, but this is a very close second imo.

Jste 11-20-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ (Post 2040471344)
Maybe I'm crazy, but this game is very close to be the most enjoyable sports title this year. The Show is probably number 1, but this is a very close second imo.

I dunno man? FIFA just seems to offer so much more. I like the gameplay in FIFA better. PES a good game to play but once it's all said and done I think FIFA takes this battle.

GSW 11-20-2009 11:35 AM

which one should i get Fifa or this?... (360)

LingeringRegime 11-20-2009 11:48 AM

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jste (Post 2040471603)
I dunno man? FIFA just seems to offer so much more. I like the gameplay in FIFA better. PES a good game to play but once it's all said and done I think FIFA takes this battle.

I feel the opposite. Here are the reasons I prefer PES...

1. No goal is ever the same.
2. You can save replays on your HDD.
3. You can pass the ball how you want to (I especially love the flow of the back heel passes. In FIFA I find myself saying: "I didn't pass it to that guy." It frustrates me to no end.)
4. Scoring a goal on the harder difficulties is really a challenge.
5. UEFA Champions League / Master League / Be A Legend

*I am an old-school FIFA Fan. I had the initial release in 1994 for the Sega Genesis.

LingeringRegime 11-20-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSW (Post 2040471970)
which one should i get Fifa or this?... (360)

Most guys will tell you FIFA, and if you are new to the genre maybe that is the right choice. But, if you want every game you play to feel unique I would say PES. But, it would be probably better to rent them both and see for yourself.

iman 11-20-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ (Post 2040472009)
I feel the opposite. Here are the reasons I prefer PES...

1. No goal is ever the same.
3. You can pass the ball how you want to (I especially love the flow of the back heel passes. In FIFA I find myself saying: "I didn't pass it to that guy." It frustrates me to no end.)
4. Scoring a goal on the harder difficulties is really a challenge.

*I am an old-school FIFA Fan. I had the initial release in 1994 for the Sega Genesis.

These are the reasons I like PES 2010 over Fifa 10. I hit a 30 year volley with Torres last night. Probably wouldn't see that in Fifa. Not to mention I saw defenders and midfielders score goals. Fifa is cool, but I prefer Pro Evo this year.

thanvar 11-20-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freepost (Post 2040472071)
These are the reasons I like PES 2010 over Fifa 10. I hit a 30 year volley with Torres last night. Probably wouldn't see that in Fifa. Not to mention I saw defenders and midfielders score goals. Fifa is cool, but I prefer Pro Evo this year.

Sorry, but I don't post here that often. I own both these amazing soccer games and I love them both dearly. But if I had to choose one of the two then this would be FIFA 10. That's my sincere opinion though...
In regards to the previous comment by dear Freepost I will answer with the videos of two goals I scored and recorded on the highest difficulty of FIFA 10:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG6MPAT_Sag
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1nYzVO61Zw
My final advice would be to rent both of the games and choose for yourself. :)