Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   It's probably too early to talk about unbeaten regular seasons... (/forums/showthread.php?t=377805)

Bellsprout 11-23-2009 12:16 AM

It's probably too early to talk about unbeaten regular seasons...

But wow does the Colts schedule set up nicely.

@HOU
TEN
DEN
@JAC
NYJ
@BUF

Potential stumbling blocks: @Houston, Tennessee, @Jacksonville

I don't see a loss in there. I know someone will more than likely do it, and frankly a hunch tells me Tennessee, but that isn't a very tough remaining schedule.

The other variable is if they get to 15-0, do you bench your starters and get some rest going into the playoffs? Frankly, I wouldn't be totally shocked if Indy's backups beat Buffalo, but it's definitely a place where that loss could come simply because Indy would be conceding it.

Again, probably too early to be talking about this, but I just saw their schedule on NFL Net and I thought the schedule's lack of difficulty deserved a discussion.

mattlanta 11-23-2009 12:21 AM

Re: It's probably too early to talk about unbeaten regular seasons...

I don't know about you guys, but I think the Patriots two years ago showed how little the regular season record mattered when you get to the playoffs.

Bellsprout 11-23-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlanta (Post 2040481408)
I don't know about you guys, but I think the Patriots two years ago showed how little the regular season record mattered when you get to the playoffs.

Absolutely true. It does nothing to help you in the playoffs. It's still one heck of an accomplishment though. It's not like there's an unbeaten team every year, you know?

z Revis 11-23-2009 12:32 AM

I don't care. Just win me another Super Bowl. We do this **** every year, it's getting old and tiring. I hope we lose next week just to shut this crap up. It's surely a great accomplishment, but there's huge pressure on you when you're undefeated. I don't want that pressure. Just give me HFA with a 15-1 or 14-2 record.

Anyway, let's talk about the Saints. They're 10-0 as well ya know?

Bellsprout 11-23-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z Revis (Post 2040481442)
Anyway, let's talk about the Saints. They're 10-0 as well ya know?

I will, then. Lol.

The Saints remaining schedule:
NE
@WAS
@ATL
DAL
TB
@CAR

Potential stumbling blocks: NE, @ATL, DAL

New England is going to beat them. There I said it. Stealing Carl from Aqua Teen's schtick on The Scott Van Pelt Show, consider that my STONE COLD LOCK OF THE CENTURY...OF THE WEEK.

ProfessaPackMan 11-23-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

/thread

z Revis 11-23-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses (Post 2040481451)
I will, then. Lol.

The Saints remaining schedule:
NE
@WAS
@ATL
DAL
TB
@CAR

Potential stumbling blocks: NE, @ATL, DAL

New England is going to beat them. There I said it. Stealing Carl from Aqua Teen's schtick on The Scott Van Pelt Show, consider that my STONE COLD LOCK OF THE CENTURY...OF THE WEEK.

Yeah I have a feeling NE will beat them, but I hope the Saints pull out the W because I really don't want the Patriots to have the 2nd seed. I'd like them to have the 3rd seed at best so they'll have to play in the Wild Card round, just gives them more chances to lose before a potential Pats/Colts rematch. I'd hate to play them in the Playoffs, especially after what happened last week.. you know they'll be thinking about revenge.

Chip Douglass 11-23-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2040481458)
/thread

It's still an interesting point of discussion.

How many times in NFL history have we had 2 undefeated teams this late into the season?