Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden needs even more streched ratings. (/forums/showthread.php?t=378003)

twl221 11-24-2009 12:20 AM

Madden needs even more streched ratings.

I think they did a great job in this last year, but they need more. The main new attribute being explosiveness. For example CJ and Cribbs would have 99, where as guys like Jamal Lewis would have a significantly lower rating. Joshua Cribbs can't be rated high 60's in madden when he is the best non-lineman on the Browns. Anymore you think they need?

s38s38s 11-24-2009 12:42 AM

Re: Madden needs even more streched ratings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twl221 (Post 2040484585)
I think they did a great job in this last year, but they need more. The main new attribute being explosiveness. For example CJ and Cribbs would have 99, where as guys like Jamal Lewis would have a significantly lower rating. Joshua Cribbs can't be rated high 60's in madden when he is the best non-lineman on the Browns. Anymore you think they need?

They already have that it's called "ACCELERATION". Also other than return punts and kicks what has Cribbs done to be rated any higher as a WR? He's a good special teams player who happens to be a WR thats all just like Hester in C hi-Town, who also deserves his low WR rating. There's a HUGE difference between being a "Special Teams" playmaker and a WR.

As a kick returner all you have to understand is how to follow/set up your blocks, there's a lot more that goes into being a WR like, recognizing coverages, route running, being able to beat press coverage, finding holes in zones, getting separation, adjusting to bad throws, etc. So in the mean time lets keep guys like Cribbs and Hester's ratings where they are.

Actually, I can't believe I wasted time typing all that, it just occured to me (which I already knew) ratings in Madden don't mean a thing, accept for speed, acceleration, and here we are with a thread saying...hey, hey add explosiveness too; wth are you smoking. Before any new anything they need to fix the basis of gameplay, and streamline ratings so when I'm looking at a WR's ratings I don't have to cycle through his LB skills as well as his lineman skills before I get to ratings that pertain to him. But then again why look, as long as he's fast it doesn't really matter.:y11:

Dmacho 11-24-2009 12:15 PM

The ratings don't need to be stretched out anymore than they already are. That isn't the problem; what they need to do is program the game so the ratings actually mean something.

hollywood21 11-24-2009 12:28 PM

They should simplify the ratings system by removing the numbers and adding a weapon system similar to all pro 2k8. If you think about it what madden has currently right now is a number system which each number has to be different from the rest.

That's ridiculous. :google:

iBlievN5 11-24-2009 01:05 PM

ehh, i don't really like that idea. ^^^

the ratings should be stretched more.

C the Lyte 11-24-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood21 (Post 2040485728)
They should simplify the ratings system by removing the numbers and adding a weapon system similar to all pro 2k8. If you think about it what madden has currently right now is a number system which each number has to be different from the rest.

That's ridiculous. :google:

Haven't played all-pro so I really don't know how the weapon system works. I have played Madden 09. It had a weapon system. We've seen what EA does with weapon systems in football games. Madden 09=Dollar for dollar worst game I ever blew 60 bucks on. It was so cheap (gameplay wise) that.....well, let me just say it sucked. And that's being kind.

TeamBuilder 11-24-2009 02:00 PM

I agree, Chris Johnson should be able to absolutely blow by a slow linebacker.

Senior Whitebread 11-24-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamBuilder (Post 2040486027)
I agree, Chris Johnson should be able to absolutely blow by a slow linebacker.

Hell he should be able to blow by the fast linebackers