Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Indiana 4A State Championship Game - Wish us well...... (/forums/showthread.php?t=378475)

Hoos 11-25-2009 07:39 PM

Indiana 4A State Championship Game - Wish us well......

on Saturday, November 28th. Kickoff is at 2:30 Central time at Lucas Oil Stadium (Home of the Colts)

My team is the Lowell Red Devils (my Alma mater) and we face the ESPN #48 ranked Evansville Reitz Panthers. This will be hard game to win but our boys play with a lot of heart and an incredible amount of intensity. We have been underdogs most of the post season but they have put together some impressive wins over quality opponents along the way.

Evansville is 14-0 and Lowell is 13-1. This will be Lowell's 3rd state final game in the past 5 years. An impressive accomplishment for a program that used to be everybody's doormat back during my high school years. The program has turned around completely, from a perrenial doormat to a perrenial 4A power within the past 20 years and things look quite promising in the years to come.

Like I mentioned before, we are an underdog in this game but you know what they say about the big boys, When they fall, they fall hard!! So, wish us well......

PS - I will be updating the score on here after each quarter, so stay tuned.......

Bighoff 11-25-2009 11:01 PM

Re: Indiana 4A State Championship Game - Wish us well......

That's gonna be a good game, the 5A game between Carmel and Warren Central will be a good game as well. I hope Carmel get's crushed that's my room mate's alma mater and I'd love to give him grief about it when he get's home on Sunday. In Kentucky it's looking like Trinity and St. Xavier are headed for another title game show down. I really wish California have a true playoffs system for football instead of the BS they have now.

Hoos 11-26-2009 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighoff63 (Post 2040491275)
That's gonna be a good game, the 5A game between Carmel and Warren Central will be a good game as well. I hope Carmel get's crushed that's my room mate's alma mater and I'd love to give him grief about it when he get's home on Sunday. In Kentucky it's looking like Trinity and St. Xavier are headed for another title game show down. I really wish California have a true playoffs system for football instead of the BS they have now.

I plan on staying to watch the Carmel/Warren Central game after ours is over, Bighoff. Should be a good game.

We played Evansville Reitz in 2007 for the state championship and lost. That was our last trip to the state finals. Our first trip to state was in 2005 and we came back in the 4th qtr to win 28-27!!!

georgiandben 11-26-2009 05:36 AM

Hope Carmel goes down in a similar fashion to last year to Center Grove!

bluengold34_OS 11-26-2009 10:00 AM

My old high school Mishawaka almost made it to the 5A State championship as they lost 28-27 in the regional to Merriville.

Good luck Hoos

bgeno 11-26-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighoff63 (Post 2040491275)

How does California do it?

Bighoff 11-26-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgeno (Post 2040492328)
How does California do it?

Horribly but it's better then the plain voting they used to have just a few years ago. The state title bowls are broken down into divisions 1-3 and there's also a "open" state title game between the top ranked team from northern Cali and southern Cali. So technically there's 4 state titles played for but the actual playoffs go only as far a section titles in divisions 1-5. It sucks for the top teams in Central California that don't have the recognition power that the teams from the Southern Section/LA get. They get lumped into the Southern Section which it packed full of teams, IMO Central Section teams should be at least considered Northern California just cause the number of teams aren't nearly as high as the Southern Section.

Hoos 11-26-2009 02:38 PM

Thanks for the well wishes, Blue!!!

Mishawaka had an awesome season and I thought for sure they had the Merrillville game in the bag. Early turnovers in that game did not help their cause. Their decision to go for the win with the two point conversion late in the game was not a good idea IMO. I would have played for the tie and taken my chances in OT.