Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   quick screen? (/forums/showthread.php?t=378486)

drolouis 11-25-2009 08:44 PM

quick screen?

is there a way to simulate the quick screen play that is in the nfl? teams usually call it to a playmaker receiver or audible into it when a db is playing off. it is usually a guareenteed 2 to 3 yard with the receiver needing to win a quick 1 on 1 battle with the back to get to the second level. this is not the same as the screen currently found in madden 10 (if im not mistaken) you definetly cannot hot route this play. does anyone know of a way to simulate this play by doing something else? a workaround maybe?

filtertmp 11-25-2009 09:15 PM

Re: quick screen?

If your refering to (I think) a smoke route where the QB just guns it outside as soon as he snaps it, you can kind of simulate it using 'out' slants to your outermost recievers.

When the DB is playing off (further than standard depth, like 9+ yds off the line, and looking like he will drop further off the snap) you can touch pass it short and outside the reciever's back shoulder off the hike and hit your reciever like 3-4yds downfield and get tackled for like a 7-8 yard gain.. if you can break the tackle, big play.

Be warned you need your QB to have somewhat of an arm (Kolb can manage it with about 85 arm strength), and if you get fooled on the coverage and the DB breaks in toward the reciever it can be an easy 6 the other way.

I throw this kind of route often against backed off cover three 3 blitzes (like the CPU all out blitz..).

MAHAM 11-26-2009 01:55 AM

I use the Colts playbook, so I'll use some examples from there.

The Jailbreak screen from singleback dice works...I do a 1 step drop and bullet it to the WR.

Another play I use is the gun 5 wide screen(its also the quick audible that normally is for for PA) and I throw a bullet as soon as the ball is hiked.

Try not to control the WR for a half second after the catch, otherwise sometimes you can accidentally make the WR run backward.

Purple28Pedestrian 11-26-2009 02:09 AM

there is a play i know for a fact it is in TB playbook should be I-Form, it's called smoke screen, im pretty sure that's what you're talking about, it's in some other PBs but im not sure which ones exactly, good luck

Speedy 11-26-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian (Post 2040491763)
there is a play i know for a fact it is in TB playbook

There's also a WR screen in the Panther's playbook, shotgun formation. I'm not sure what playbook you're using OP, but you might want to simply find a WR screen you like and make it one of your audibles...there's no hot route you can select to have to make him just stand and wait for the ball. If the defender has a huge cushion, you can call a streak and immediately throw the ball but that might be considered cheesing.

Exonerated 11-26-2009 10:26 AM

Pats playbook. Quick pass to welker in the slot.

Pats have heaps of these.

kehlis 11-26-2009 10:35 AM

It's in the Saints PB in one of the two shotgun 5 wr sets as well.

It's actually a screen with the option to throw to either side of the field.

drolouis 11-26-2009 12:14 PM

Thanks i will try these out. i use the jags and use run balanced playbook because i play mainly online and i run a little more than i pass. i will just have to switch up my playbook. i wish they had custom playbooks like the years before