Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   coaches in franchise mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=378682)

silveredge96 11-26-2009 08:00 PM

coaches in franchise mode

Hey I was wondering how often in your franchises does the team real life coaches stay with their original teams? Like its always that after the contract expire the coach jumps ship to another team no matter what.

ukskarate 11-26-2009 09:12 PM

Re: coaches in franchise mode

I'm in the year 2020. I think they all have gone to different teams in my franchise.

Boregard 11-27-2009 12:24 AM

I wish they would change that! Tomlin in my franchise left the Steelers after winning the Superbowl - doesn't make sense - how many SB winning coaches have ever left the next year except to retire???

Yes I know JJ did, but that was cuz the JJ we still have was an idiot back then!!!

DreadedSteeler 11-27-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boregard (Post 2040494127)
I wish they would change that! Tomlin in my franchise left the Steelers after winning the Superbowl - doesn't make sense - how many SB winning coaches have ever left the next year except to retire???

Yep, just went back to back with the Steelers in season 4 and Tomlin just disappeared. The next season I saw he was head coach of the Niners.:confused:

Valdarez 11-27-2009 05:57 AM

What I found strange was that some coaches can only be signed for 3 years and others can be signed for 5 years. I was only able to lock Wade Phillips in for a 3 year contract, but after him I locked Singletary into a 5 year contract.