Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shanahan? (/forums/showthread.php?t=378731)

Slinky O 11-27-2009 01:54 AM

Shanahan?

Hey everyone, first post on the website! I was wondering if anyone knew if Shanahan is a signable coach in Madden 10? I was thinking about doing a Bills franchise and hiring him as my coach, but my Madden and 360 are in my dorm far away from my home on my thanksgiving break, wondering if anyone can fill me in if he is out there.

Also as a first time poster, I was wondering if people do dynasty threads or if they do dynasty stuff in their blogs? Thanks for the help and I hope to be posting much more in the future!

Instant C1a55ic 11-27-2009 03:22 AM

Re: Shanahan?

Nope

knowledge24 11-27-2009 03:46 AM

As far as I could tell, Mike Shanahan isn't among the available coaches for hire but I believe his son his.

St3fN_sTrApS 11-27-2009 05:33 AM

No Shanny for hire my man. I checked for him after my first season in franchise mode and only came across his son.

Valdarez 11-27-2009 05:55 AM

I was disappointed that a lot of the sports casters aren't available. I really wanted to sign Gruden for the Cowboys, but he's not available either. :(

They do start bringing in a lot of the retired players as possible coaches though. For example, I saw Issach Bruce for Offensive Coordinator, and I thought that was a nice addition.

Slinky O 11-27-2009 12:23 PM

Thanks for the help guys. So guys like Shanhan, Gruden, and Cowher aren' there, is there a list of available coaches somewhere on the board? I'm still kind of interested in doing a Bills season (though Shanahan was the big factor behind it) and wanted to know what other premium names are out there?

Daniels 11-27-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinky O (Post 2040494898)
Thanks for the help guys. So guys like Shanhan, Gruden, and Cowher aren' there, is there a list of available coaches somewhere on the board? I'm still kind of interested in doing a Bills season (though Shanahan was the big factor behind it) and wanted to know what other premium names are out there?

The only past decent head coach who currently doesn't have a job that you can hire is Mike Martz. Most of the good head coaching candidates for franchise come after they've been fired from their current teams. I've seen Andy Reid, Ken Whisenhunt, etc. on the market.

bulls23 11-27-2009 05:45 PM

This is the exact reason we need create a coach