Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rebuilding with draft picks ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=378736)

BuccNole17 11-27-2009 02:34 AM

Rebuilding with draft picks ?

I am wanting to rebuild the bucs franchise. Should I try and load up on 1st and 2nd round picks by trading away the only good players I have or would it be better to load up on late round picks by trading some back ups on my roster? I want mostly A potential guys and I'm just unsure how many A potential guys you can get later in the draft.
Thanks for your help

Marsh43 11-27-2009 02:41 AM

Re: Rebuilding with draft picks ?

I wouldnt trade the good guys, i'd trade the OLD guys.

Davis7907 11-27-2009 02:52 AM

If you end up with an early first rounder, just trade down a pick or two. If you do it twice, you can pick up two more second rounders and a third probably.

TeamBuilder 11-27-2009 03:22 AM

Yea load up on 2nd/3rd round picks, they cost less and you can have gems with "A" potential.

Valdarez 11-27-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh43 (Post 2040494340)
I wouldnt trade the good guys, i'd trade the OLD guys.

Exactly. You can only keep the old guys if you're sentimental. They just want too much $$$ and their rating for the most part doesn't justify the $$$.

ZoneKIller 11-27-2009 09:08 AM

I usually always trade my first round pick for later picks.Usually 2nd,3rd and 5th.

You dont really need all A potential players though.As long as you have players that fit the typr players you want at evey position.I won like 3 or 4 Super Bowls with Kyle Orton b4 and he is a B potential.

Dianwei32 11-27-2009 10:03 AM

It depends on if you are using NCAA imported draft classes or the EA custom generated draft classes. If you're using NCAA classes then loading up on 1st/2nd rounders can be helpful, but if you're using the custom EA classes it's better to stock up on 3rd-5th rounders and take advantage of the sleepers/gems.

BuccNole17 11-27-2009 02:50 PM

Yeah there is not a lot of old guys on the bucs team at the moment. Ronde Barber is the only player that is old really. I am using the madden generated classes. What overall rating do 2nd and 3rd round A potential picks have in their first season? Can they come in and contribute right away or will it take a few years to get a good overall rating?

I am assuming first round picks come in at a high overall and can help right away...not sure about that though.