Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   breaking tackles? (/forums/showthread.php?t=378788)

stealthieOne 11-27-2009 11:39 AM

breaking tackles?

what's the best/real way to break tackles.

nacnud 11-27-2009 02:38 PM

Re: breaking tackles?

It all depends, i saw a simliar question on another board and i'll give you the same answer. Use a combination of the highlight stick and your smarts to break tackles. Look at your running back and if they got high stiff arm, or truck, then use those tools. For elusiveness try quick jukes when your not on the turbo. take note of where the defense is and use his position and momentum against him as

realrocknrolla 11-27-2009 03:21 PM

I think the fight for every yard thing is flawed its like they want you to get into a big pileup then break a couple tackles. Dont like it at all. The best way for me is def stiff arm if they are up in front and sidestep juke if they are coming from an angle. spin if they are coming from a side.

but my main problem is I break a tackle and there three more guys waiting to hit me in the mouth.

stealthieOne 11-27-2009 03:31 PM

I was referring to people escaping gang tackles how do u break those

slickdtc 11-27-2009 04:22 PM

From my understanding, keep pushing up on the right analog stick.

drolouis 11-27-2009 11:07 PM

yeah, just push up on the analog. i think it happens way too often. everyone online pics the vikings because peterson is souped up on some arcade type stuff and he can break out of 3 or 4 gang tackle animations a game. brandon jacobs does this often too

stealthieOne 11-28-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drolouis (Post 2040496584)
yeah, just push up on the analog. i think it happens way too often. everyone online pics the vikings because peterson is souped up on some arcade type stuff and he can break out of 3 or 4 gang tackle animations a game. brandon jacobs does this often too

tap up or just hold up