Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Cut Scene/Voice Recognition Idea (/forums/showthread.php?t=378842)

jimrob 11-27-2009 04:36 PM

Cut Scene/Voice Recognition Idea

I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything about this, but I thought it'd be pretty cool to see some of the following. A cut scene from inside the huddle, like you're the QB going in to give the play. Maybe in superstar mode you could be going in as whatever position player you may be.

And to follow with that... What if you could use your mic to call the play? I'm not sure how easily this could be achieved, but I think it'd be cool if you could look at the play screen and move into the cut scene inside the huddle, then just call the play over your mic, like you're the QB delivering it. EA wouldn't have to get crazy with play names, but I'm sure something basic could work. Then once you lineup calling something like "Hot Route, X, curl" or "Coverage, Press" things we're used to seeing anyway.

Rexis 11-27-2009 04:50 PM

Re: Cut Scene/Voice Recognition Idea

like in APF2k8? but the voice recognition will be tough though

mr_president 11-27-2009 05:00 PM

voice recognition works great in ENDWAR so why not here??
it would be a nice addition.

if they did add it the only thing that would worry me is what they would srew up or neglect in the process...good idea though.

AboveTheRim 11-28-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimrob (Post 2040495600)
I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything about this, but I thought it'd be pretty cool to see some of the following. A cut scene from inside the huddle, like you're the QB going in to give the play. Maybe in superstar mode you could be going in as whatever position player you may be.

And to follow with that... What if you could use your mic to call the play? I'm not sure how easily this could be achieved, but I think it'd be cool if you could look at the play screen and move into the cut scene inside the huddle, then just call the play over your mic, like you're the QB delivering it. EA wouldn't have to get crazy with play names, but I'm sure something basic could work. Then once you lineup calling something like "Hot Route, X, curl" or "Coverage, Press" things we're used to seeing anyway.

No offense but the rate in which EA does things, we will be lucky if something like this is in the game in 10 years.

PGaither84 11-29-2009 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_president (Post 2040495670)
voice recognition works great in ENDWAR so why not here??
it would be a nice addition.

if they did add it the only thing that would worry me is what they would srew up or neglect in the process...good idea though.

Because End War isn't made by EA and Madden is. They tried this in Head Coach, remember how that worked out?

Valdarez 11-29-2009 07:46 AM

That was actually one of the cheeziest things in APF2K8. It definitely sounds like a good idea, the problem is if you know the QB's voice, and it cuts tot he huddle and then the voice you hear is nothing at all like the QBs. At that point it just feels contrived / silly.

I never understood why games in general haven't made better use of voice activation for various aspects of gameplay. I would love to be able to assign names to plays and yell them out to audible. Sure would make those Madden Nation shows a lot more interesting to watch! heh