Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Using Inactive Players Online (/forums/showthread.php?t=378861)

Young J 334 11-27-2009 07:20 PM

Using Inactive Players Online

What's the point in updating guy's injury statuses weekly, but still allowing them to be used online? I should NOT have to worry about Brian Urlacher when I play the Bears online!
<input id="*******" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Boregard 11-27-2009 07:56 PM

Re: Using Inactive Players Online

I disagree. The whole injury update crap for online "play now" games is dumb, I can see depth chart updates and the adjustments to player ratings, but why should injuries ruin a guy's team for the whole year online?

Young J 334 11-27-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boregard (Post 2040496162)
I disagree. The whole injury update crap for online "play now" games is dumb, I can see depth chart updates and the adjustments to player ratings, but why should injuries ruin a guy's team for the whole year online?

Just like IRL. When ur best guy goes down for the year, you have to adjust, correct? Same as in a franchise...So why is it that guys can continue to use a player that hasn't seen the field in weeks online? It takes 50% of game planning out of the game. 50% of any game plan is personnel.

<input id="*******" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Boregard 11-27-2009 09:34 PM

For franchise fine, but for playing online which is a waste of time anyway who cares?

Young J 334 11-27-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boregard (Post 2040496363)
For franchise fine, but for playing online which is a waste of time anyway who cares?

Obviously, I do if I posted it. No one is asking you to care. I simply asked what was the deal.

jmurphy31 11-27-2009 09:41 PM

I agree about letting the injured players playing online. Its a one time pick up game so let everyone play.

Young J 334 11-27-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurphy31 (Post 2040496386)
I agree about letting the injured players playing online. Its a one time pick up game so let everyone play.

In a pick up game the injured guy gets to watch...

Boregard 11-27-2009 09:48 PM

I know.

I don't know what the deal is, but I wonder if you can tell me (serious question) what about playing a "play now" game keeps you heading back to online play?

To me (just my opinion) playing online is pointless - you constantly run into cheesers, cheaters, and quitters. And what do you play for? Nothing - I guess that playing a football game to me ( unless you are using it for a lab scenario which I occasionally do) without the goal of winning the SB is a waste of time - unless you are playing a friend for bragging rights!

Really sorry for my first post, i am kinda cranky because I have not had a good game of Madden in weeks because EA can't get the franchise mode to work properly and my Madden crew only wants to play for SB glory!