Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pure Gameplay-compare All Pro 2K8 to NFL 2K5 (/forums/showthread.php?t=378900)

canes21 11-29-2009 01:38 PM

Re: Pure Gameplay-compare All Pro 2K8 to NFL 2K5

I think people are exaggerating the focus bug. I have never seen it or have never noticed it. Are you guys sure the WR isn't getting behind you coverage which would make the DBs not even notice him. Or maybe they are finding holes in the zone. If you want to see bad zone defense, play Madden or NCAA 10. They are fun games, not as realistic as APF or NFL 2k, but their coverages are horrendous.

sportyguyfl31 11-29-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2040500770)
I think people are exaggerating the focus bug. I have never seen it or have never noticed it. Are you guys sure the WR isn't getting behind you coverage which would make the DBs not even notice him. Or maybe they are finding holes in the zone. If you want to see bad zone defense, play Madden or NCAA 10. They are fun games, not as realistic as APF or NFL 2k, but their coverages are horrendous.

If I had a penny for every time ive seen a safety vacate his cover 2 responsiblity, leaving a guy open to catch a ball, Id have well over 1,000 smackers.

If you dont notice it, or claim it isnt a problem, then you are choosing not to notice it.

canes21 11-29-2009 11:38 PM

Can you please show me a video? I'm not saying you're wrong because I witnessed it in 2k5, but have not really seen anything bad in 2k8.

Valdarez 11-30-2009 06:33 AM

Focus bug is is all over the place, from non-existent to utterly changing the direction of the game. There is nothing worse than playing a Cover 2 or 3 and having one of your deep zone defenders run all the way up to the cover the WR/TE on a drag route and your short zone guys passing off the receiver to the no where to be found deep zone defender basically allowing for a free and open pass. Of all the things that should have been patched, that one should have been at the top of the list.

elgreazy1 11-30-2009 01:25 PM

But here's what bothers me regarding the "bug", it works both ways. For those who've noticed it or found it to be a problem, I'm sure they've researched or have found some traceable roots as to the "problem" so they are able to mitigate the errors of it much more than those -- like myself -- who ignore it. So in essesne, those who know about it have an advantage over guys like me who simply play the dang game.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

sb24 11-30-2009 02:11 PM

I still want to know what you guys are talking about. I figure you mean in the defensive matchups when you select focus, right? Does it make the defense better or worse? Iv only used it a few times and havent payed any attention to its worth.... reading the thread i get the feeling it makes things worse? Any tips im clueless to this aspect of the game.

kcxiv 11-30-2009 05:52 PM

meh, i am a fan of the Chiefs. Our defense does this multiple times a game. lol

DavonBrown 11-30-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 2040505137)
meh, i am a fan of the Chiefs. Our defense does this multiple times a game. lol

Lol that's how I look at it. It's not a bug it's just that every once in a while a defender will make a bad read and/or blow his coverage just like real life.