Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I Thought DE/OLB Pass Rush Didn't Exist Until... (/forums/showthread.php?t=379042)

s38s38s 11-28-2009 07:00 PM

I Thought DE/OLB Pass Rush Didn't Exist Until...

Fellas this may come late to some or right on time for others; many have complained about the lack of pass rush vs either the CPU or vs Human competition. I'd like to start out by asking a question...If you are one of the ones complaining about the lack of pressure and robo QB's etc. have you taken the time to learn how to use the Right-Stick pass rush moves? If you have not this has completely changed my success with sacking, QB hurries, and poor passes thrown by opposing QB's (overthrows, underthrows, etc.)

Though every DE/OLB can perform these moves you will find the most success using the finesse moves on said positions with an 80+ finesse and 75+ speed ratings (which the majority of elite pass rushers have). Try these things out in practice mode and don't give up if it doesn't come quickly for you because once I mastered it so to speak its made a huge difference in my stats as well as opnening up my defensive PB.

DakkoN 11-28-2009 07:11 PM

Re: I Thought DE/OLB Pass Rush Didn't Exist Until...

I switched to the 3-4 defense for the first game of the 2nd season in our online franchise tonight, despite hearing all the stories about how the 3-4 doesn't get much pressure in the game, and had alot of success with it. I only had 2 sacks but there were plenty of passes that could of gone either way but ended up being lame ducks. Hasselbeck had someone in his face on pretty much every play.

RE Everette Brown
NT Kemoeatu
LE Antonio Smith

ROLB Julius Peppers
MLB Jon Beason
MLB Alonzi Simms (rookie LB with 89 speed)
LOLB Thomas Davis

In nickel and dime, I'd move Peppers and Davis to RE and LE, while moving Antonio Smith to the 2nd DT spot. Peppers kind of suffers in the coverage game, but he makes up for it with his pass rush. I think he'll be fine as long as I minimize the amount that he's in coverage.

s38s38s 11-28-2009 07:18 PM

I would keep Brown at DE for Dime and Nickel, he leads my team in sacks. Especially going against that RT one on one.

jyoung 11-28-2009 07:27 PM

When people complain about the lack of pass rush they're not talking about a user-controlled pass rush.

It's pretty easy to get to the QB if you're a part of the rush yourself.

The problem most people are talking about is how your CPU linemen don't use moves and don't use sprint enough to get a decent pass rush on their own.

LBzrule 11-28-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wEEman33 (Post 2040498807)
When people complain about the lack of pass rush they're not talking about a user-controlled pass rush.

The problem most people are talking about is how your CPU linemen don't use moves and don't use sprint enough to get a decent pass rush on their own.

^^^^ This FTW

s38s38s 11-28-2009 07:36 PM

Mine do, if I don't manually control a DE I usually end up with 2-3 sacks a game and sometimes if Peppers or Brown show up wearing their supermen capes I may get 2-3 from one of them alone(10 min quarters) that to me seems realistic. Also I play on All Madden fyi.

Obelysk 11-28-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Yep this sums its up. on my first season with the Ravens I made Suggs get 29 sacks by using the right stick. On top of that I took him out of the last two games because the # of sacks was too ridiculous. Now I have played several seasons and I have completely stopped using the DE, OLBs and DTs and I can tell you that getting 1 sack a game is an accomplishment for my defense.

maademperor 11-28-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

+1