Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   At Goaline 2nd string HB comes in? (/forums/showthread.php?t=379104)

DevilsEve666 11-29-2009 02:54 AM

At Goaline 2nd string HB comes in?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but me personally i play w/ the falcons and everytime i get to like the 1 or 2 yd. line of the red zone, whenever i call a running play jerious norwood comes in (my 2nd string back) and he hasn't ran the ball all game he just suddenly pops in on goaline situations, he also isn't set to be the 3DRB either?? This is driving me nuts, because i dont notice it till he scores and now norwood has 4 td's to turner has 1....how realistic is that right? HOW can i fix this?

omnom 11-29-2009 07:39 AM

Re: At Goaline 2nd string HB comes in?

Are you running a lot of running plays back-to-back with Norwood? Sounds like a fatigue / auto-subs problem, try adjusting them a bit.

Valdarez 11-29-2009 07:57 AM

Can't you configure that in your depth chart?

JaymeeAwesome 11-29-2009 08:22 AM

If anything that's true to real NFL. Most of the league runs their HB as a unit rather than a 1 back team and uses their 2nd string or even third string on goal line situations. But the situation you're encountering is your fatigue is set high and your HB gets tired from a long drive.

NorrinRadd12 11-29-2009 10:26 AM

You're not rotating your RBs enough and Turner is gassed by the time you get down to the goal line. Try using Norwood whenever you're gonna pass, that should keep Turner fresh.

DevilsEve666 11-29-2009 11:23 AM

You know what i think i figured it out now...it's only when i do the "ask Madden" thing, when it puts up the 3 plays to choose from, if i choose a running play it's norwood in the game...but i called a timeout and then manually selected the play and it was turner...

Furq 11-29-2009 11:26 AM

may have been a formation sub where you switched out the RBs once

I don't think there's a way to restore all to default unfortunately

Millennium 11-29-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsEve666 (Post 2040500453)
You know what i think i figured it out now...it's only when i do the "ask Madden" thing, when it puts up the 3 plays to choose from, if i choose a running play it's norwood in the game...but i called a timeout and then manually selected the play and it was turner...

As another poster said earlier: it's because Turner is tired. You need to use Norwood more on your drives so that when you get to the goal line, Turner isn't tired.