Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   All-____-Team (/forums/showthread.php?t=379221)

BDKiiing 11-29-2009 06:30 PM

All-____-Team

Just wondering, does anyone else do fantesy drafts or make a team where everyone has something in common. such as i have done fantesy drafts where all i did was take players who played for the Texas Longhorns, I came up of few players short, so i imported a year of draft class and had a complete team. Also, recently a buddy of mine tried to draft a team of all white players, he also came up short with running backs (Brian Leonard is the only one) and corner backs, so he took some extra full backs (made them half backs), and safties (and made them cornerbacks)

jnofx 11-29-2009 06:35 PM

Re: All-____-Team

I'm just a few players short of an All-Hair Team. Polamalu, Fitzgerald, Peko, AJ Hawk, etc.

Little too much time on my hands, I suppose....

scarface scotty 11-29-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnofx (Post 2040501924)
I'm just a few players short of an All-Hair Team. Polamalu, Fitzgerald, Peko, AJ Hawk, etc.

gotta do something while waiting for the patch. very creative by the way.

Pass_The_Cows 11-29-2009 09:35 PM

I used to make a Miami team on PS2 with Hurricane uniforms and everything. The only position I can remember not being really good was QB. Most positions had backups from Miami but if they didnt I just signed the worst players in the game.

BDKiiing 11-30-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnofx (Post 2040501924)

thats not too bad of an idea...haha

Boregard 11-30-2009 08:13 PM

Just for kicks once I tried to put together an all white guy team during a franchise, without going over the top and trading constantly - I got really close, but I could not get enough white guy DBs and the ones I had could not jump at all!!! LOL

OctaneHugo 11-30-2009 09:07 PM

I do this in Fantasy Drafts and Off-Season drafts late in rounds, but never for a whole thing.

Really tall guys, really fat guys, slow guys, white guys, black guys, guys with funny names, etc.

I also have a passion for fullbacks, mostly because they're almost always 3rd or 4th rated in the 6th or 7th round and they're cheap and usually decent. It has become a running joke among my Madden-playing colleagues about carrying a blocking fullback, speed fullback, catchin' fullback, strength fullback, backup fullback, defensive fullback, Wildcat fullback, etc.