Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Every game plays out the same... (/forums/showthread.php?t=379228)

DevilsEve666 11-29-2009 07:06 PM

Every game plays out the same...

I swear it doesn't seem to matter who i play, or who i play as, the game always seems to have a similar feel and final score no matter what....my first three franchise games have been almost all the same score, and i use custom skill settings at 7/7/9/20, but it just always feels the same, if i lose it's by a field goal and the CPU had to make a comeback...i just played the 49ers and the Patriots back to back, but i could have sworn i was playing the same team in both games...also the score is like in the 30's before halftime, i've never had this problem in past Madden's, but it seems like scoring off turnovers is way too common and easy...so most of my games end up 49-30, 41-24. And my quarterback will be like 12-14 w/ 150 yds? what game in the NFL has that kind of score w/ such low yardage, BTW i'm last in total yardage in the league, but first in scoring...it seems if i make the custom settings any harder, it becomes impossible to stop the CPU, any suggestions?

kehlis 11-29-2009 07:16 PM

Re: Every game plays out the same...

Suggestions?

Play more than three games to get a realistic sample size.

DickDalewood 11-29-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehlis (Post 2040502065)
Suggestions?

Play more than three games to get a realistic sample size.

Read my mind. Three games played and we've come to this conclusion??

AboveTheRim 11-29-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsEve666 (Post 2040502028)
I swear it doesn't seem to matter who i play, or who i play as, the game always seems to have a similar feel and final score no matter what....my first three franchise games have been almost all the same score, and i use custom skill settings at 7/7/9/20, but it just always feels the same, if i lose it's by a field goal and the CPU had to make a comeback...i just played the 49ers and the Patriots back to back, but i could have sworn i was playing the same team in both games...also the score is like in the 30's before halftime, i've never had this problem in past Madden's, but it seems like scoring off turnovers is way too common and easy...so most of my games end up 49-30, 41-24. And my quarterback will be like 12-14 w/ 150 yds? what game in the NFL has that kind of score w/ such low yardage, BTW i'm last in total yardage in the league, but first in scoring...it seems if i make the custom settings any harder, it becomes impossible to stop the CPU, any suggestions?

I hear you on this, I have played less than 90 games and most of them feel pretty simmilar.

RayAllen20 11-29-2009 08:25 PM

Someone needs better sliders...You need sliders that allow you to have defensive battles and shoot-outs. Believe me, my games feel much different. When I played the Jets in my 'chise the game was 13-7 and many 3 and outs. Then I played the Chargers, and they dropped 42 points on me. Tale of 2 very different games.

Go to my thread called RayAllen20's Customized Sliders for you, and you can try my sliders, and I will change them due to the stats you get, to make sure you get a good challenge and realistic stats.

KBLover 11-29-2009 08:31 PM

I definitely don't get this.

I've gotten beat bad, then beat the next team pretty bad. Had a low scoring ugly game with the Raiders that I won on nearly the last play of the game, then put up 37 with my fantasy draft team by going through the air with a red-hot 2nd half.

I've had games where I move the ball running more than throwing - and games where I have to air it out to try to open up running.

I can't say I get the feeling that every game plays out the same way.

CreatineKasey 11-29-2009 08:35 PM

This isn't true at all. I won my week 17 online franchise game 7-0. I played the same guy in teh wildcard round of the playoffs.... 30-24 was the score. It was a completely different game.

This game is as wild and unpredictable as any Madden ever created.

canes21 11-29-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatineKasey (Post 2040502343)
This isn't true at all. I won my week 17 online franchise game 7-0. I played the same guy in teh wildcard round of the playoffs.... 30-24 was the score. It was a completely different game.

This game is as wild and unpredictable as any Madden ever created.

Guy not CPU.