Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hall of Fame and playoff stats (/forums/showthread.php?t=379248)

Meast21Forever 11-29-2009 08:49 PM

Hall of Fame and playoff stats

I have two unrelated questions. Number one, what's with player retirements? Aren't there usually more than three inducted into the hall of fame guys per year? I feel like this is an area I'd really like improved. When I play my franchise, I want to see guys like Chris Samuels, who likely won't go in first ballot but deserves to go in. I want to see his ugly mug 4 or 5 years AFTER he retires. Not the immediate year after. Am I off here? I feel like getting into the hall of fame is the ultimate reward in real life. There really isn't a reward in Madden.

Second, does Madden record playoff stats? I mean, does it add those statistics into the players career stats? If my rookie RB finishes the season with 800 yards, then goes on to run for 300 yards in the playoffs, do his stats read 1100 career rush yards at the start of the next season? Does this happen in real life? I'm a bit confused on this. I feel like my players have really strong games in the playoffs, when it counts, but their career stats don't reflect it.

Thanks for your time and answers guys :)

Meast21Forever 12-01-2009 03:01 AM

Re: Hall of Fame and playoff stats

nothing?

prime21time37 12-01-2009 08:48 AM

career stas are only recorded in regular season in the nfl. as far as the hall of fame, i agree, it would be nice to see a nice touch added here. it is the ultimate personal prize. we need to fix other game issues 1st i believe. but they are headed in right direction

brza37 12-01-2009 09:31 AM

The problem with waiting after a player has been retired for 5 years to induct him into the HOF in Madden is that they don't have the rights to players that aren't in the league anymore and definitely not players going back 5 years. So if they did it that way we wouldn't have any HOF inductees the first 5 years of franchise. I'd personally rather see players get inducted right away rather than wait 5 years before anything happens there.
It'd be cool if it was a bigger production though. A special Pre-Season episode of the extra point that said something about the inductees, their stats and even some random highlight clips would be awesome.
Here's hoping for M'11.