Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Need opinions (/forums/showthread.php?t=379256)

SinisterAlex 11-29-2009 09:09 PM

Need opinions

Hey all,

I was just wondering how good Madden NFL 10 was and if it was worth renting/buying? I'm a huge NHL fan and have recently been addicted to football and thought I should take a look at Madden 10. This would be the first time I've played a Madden game so just wondering what peoples opinions were on this game. Is this game good? Is it "noob" friendly? Does it have any problems I should be aware of?

Thanks for the replies!

Mr. Franchise 11-29-2009 09:15 PM

Re: Need opinions

REEEEEENT.

It's a love/hate game. Trust me you will either HAAATE this game, or absolutely love it. So you have to rent it at first.

noid1994 11-30-2009 12:05 AM

I have a love hate with madden. The love comes from being able to play with real players and teams and drafts etc. The hate or bummer of it is with the gameplay. It has some obvious flaws and hopefully the patch will address them.

I guess if they didnt have all the real players and such I would rate madden from a pure game stand point just above average. If I wasnt into football I would probably pass on this game.

I would say if your thinking of getting madden it would depend on if you have your eye on another game or how much do you like football.

I dont think it would be hard to learn to play madden. The first step in playing the game is rather easy and there is a walkthough or drill challenges to get you familar with passing running defense etc. The only challenge for a new player whould be what formations to call with basic football knowledge this is easy if not it could take awhile to understand but nothing difficult.

Instant C1a55ic 11-30-2009 12:16 AM

I like the game, and at times i love it.

i only play maybe 1-2 games a day in my franchise, so its easy to say im not addicted, but it does sooth my football needs.

SinisterAlex 11-30-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noid1994 (Post 2040503103)
I have a love hate with madden. The love comes from being able to play with real players and teams and drafts etc. The hate or bummer of it is with the gameplay. It has some obvious flaws and hopefully the patch will address them.

I guess if they didnt have all the real players and such I would rate madden from a pure game stand point just above average. If I wasnt into football I would probably pass on this game.

I would say if your thinking of getting madden it would depend on if you have your eye on another game or how much do you like football.

I dont think it would be hard to learn to play madden. The first step in playing the game is rather easy and there is a walkthough or drill challenges to get you familar with passing running defense etc. The only challenge for a new player whould be what formations to call with basic football knowledge this is easy if not it could take awhile to understand but nothing difficult.

Ya I've heard flaws as well that was one thing that kinda turned me off when I think about buying it. I know basic plays so I'm sure I could just jump right in.

One thing I would like to know is, hows the commentary?

bill2451 11-30-2009 12:40 AM

if you've never played it before, you'll probably enjoy it more than someone who's been playing it for years and years. Like any sports game that people play year after year, eventually they get used to it and become bored of the relatively repitive nature of the games on 1 year cycles

so for someone thats never played Madden before, you'll probably really enjoy it. If you have doubts though, then you can always just rent it

SinisterAlex 11-30-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill2451 (Post 2040503195)
if you've never played it before, you'll probably enjoy it more than someone who's been playing it for years and years. Like any sports game that people play year after year, eventually they get used to it and become bored of the relatively repitive nature of the games on 1 year cycles

so for someone thats never played Madden before, you'll probably really enjoy it. If you have doubts though, then you can always just rent it

I'm thinking of renting it just some things I read kinda turn me off. But I agree with new players new to a sports game. The NHL series is the samething.

bill2451 11-30-2009 01:41 AM

yeah, to me NHL 08 was amazing... NHL 09 was too

And I know NHL 10 is better than NHL 08, yet it hasnt been nearly as fun to me as when i played 08... If I picked them both up and played them for the first time today, I know NHL 10 would be the better game, but 3 years later and NHL 10 is simply ok to me because i've now basically been playing it for 3 years

for Madden, it could be argued that the last versions on the old gen systems were actually better games than pretty much every version that has come out on the next gen... so while if I picked them up for the first time today, Madden 10 would be better than Madden 05, its now been basically 7 years of minimal change, so for many vets of the series, they just dont find it as enjoyable as they did when it was new...

but for someone new to the series, i'm sure that "freshness" would make the game shine