Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Punter Playing Left Guard??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=379367)

JayD 11-30-2009 03:34 PM

Punter Playing Left Guard???

So I was playing a game and one of my offensive linemen got a clipping call against him and when they show the player it was my freakin punter. I had a few injuries on my O line and the starting and backup LG were out for the game, my RT was injured as well with the backup being one of the hurt LG's. Now I know I could manually adjust my depth charts when this happens but why does the game automatically put the Punter in first when there are several other O line players that could fill his spot? Depth Chart knowledge needs to be overhauled for 2011

sb24 11-30-2009 03:40 PM

Re: Punter Playing Left Guard???

Because according to this thread the punter will do just as well as anyone else. Lets hope they fix the logic on this one.

realrocknrolla 11-30-2009 04:15 PM

Leave the punter in, he will prob block better then the oline anywar.

OctaneHugo 11-30-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realrocknrolla (Post 2040504754)
Leave the punter in, he will prob block better then the oline anywar.

lol.

Anyway I have no idea how anyone doesn't manually adjust depth parts, if I don't I can't sleep soundly knowing Asante Samuel is my 4th WR

o Mass Murda o 12-01-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb24 (Post 2040504639)
Because according to this thread the punter will do just as well as anyone else. Lets hope they fix the logic on this one.

QFT...just played a franch game with my dolphins in yr 2. my LE kendall langford was a beast and in the top 10 for sacks 1st yr. He was opposite the dang K/P for the bears named could or gould who was playing RT.

the dude had my star LE stonewalled. i got no sacks against him where i routinely dip the shoulder around actual linemen who are decent. it was very annoying and utterly stupid!! this should not happen, EVER! i played on the line the whole game trying to get around the skinny kicker and it was nothing i could do. the bad part is they had plenty of able bodied linemen to fill in but they didnt.

xxjgbxx 12-01-2009 02:50 PM

lol same stuff happened to me i had a K blocking my DE like a stud only had 1 holding call and i could not bull rush him at all