Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Longsnapping Rating? (/forums/showthread.php?t=379538)

bondish770 12-01-2009 01:00 PM

Longsnapping Rating?

Anybody have any idea which attributes determine a player's rating as a long snapper? I hope it is not identical to their rating as a center, that would be really lame...

KBLover 12-01-2009 01:06 PM

Re: Longsnapping Rating?

What does this do?

I've never noticed a difference between having a high-rated long snapper or a poor one. I've not seen any bad snaps or the like.

bondish770 12-01-2009 01:38 PM

I think it might effect the number of bars that show up for Special Teams in the game loading screen, based on the fact that the only time I remember seeing a team with more than one bar in my franchise was when they had a long snapper rated in the high 90s.

Other than that, I don't think it effects much. Maybe how often your kicks get blocked? I've noticed every blocked kick seems to come from pressure up the middle.

KBLover 12-01-2009 01:41 PM

Could be.

Or maybe it has some impact on FG/Punt accuracy (simulating a bad snap).

seriousluboy83 12-01-2009 07:20 PM

it's the o-lineman's overall rating...there is nothing that goes into the longsnapper...if there was there would be alotta more botched snaps and such

43Chargers4Now 12-01-2009 11:02 PM

Ratings mean nothing when it comes to unpopular ratings such as Block Shedding ect.. I believe that since there is no actual longsnap rating, there is nothing that really goes in to a longsnapper's ovr rating.

Cnada 12-02-2009 05:38 AM

I was asking myself today (not for the first second or hundredth time) why its on the depth chart in the first place???

I can think of so many other better suited positions needed on the chart...

Would be so cool to get heaps of little features in franchise this year ..not hat 2010 wasnt a really cool reboot! :)

NorrinRadd12 12-02-2009 07:38 AM

The whole kicking game needs to be torn down and re-done. Actually re-done isn't the right word. Brought back is more like it. Madden 2003 had a great kicking system. It was difficult but completely fair. Accuracy was connected with power. The more power you used the harder it was to control the accuracy. They can include long snappers now with bad snaps making it more difficult to control accuracy.