Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   This post needs it's own thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=379582)

foolish813 12-01-2009 05:03 PM

This post needs it's own thread

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2040505542 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #393939 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #393939 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #393939 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #393939 0px solid" width=125>Boregard
Rookie

OVR: 5

<INPUT type=hidden value=Boregard name="ps code">
</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2040505542 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #393939 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->Re: 99 SPD not fast to me.. Why?
<HR style="COLOR: #393939" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I don't know why this thread is getting so heated!?!

The deal is quite frankly that we, the forum community, complained and complained about people abusing speed and EA over reacted by making speed less effective in a straight line, they really killed the flow of the game with any type of move nearly stopping your ball carrier and they have yet to realize that the position specific attributes are where they need to concentrate the effort to separate players.

IE - 2 WRs with 99 spd 99 acc and 99 agi could be completely different players if WR A had 99 Route Run and player B had 80 route run - that should be a huge and very noticeable difference, but currently the difference is very small (I know I tested this)!

Route running should be an indicator of how sharp a guy cuts within his AGI/ACC ratings - so a WR with 90 ACC 90 AGI and 99 route run would cut based on the max of his ACC/AGI ratings - conversely a WR with 99 ACC/AGI with an 80 Route run would cut during his routes at about %80 of his ACC/AGI numbers thus making him less effective.

RR (route run) should also impact the correctness of depth of routes - say the play calls for a 5 yd out, but the 80 RR WR runs it at 7 yds, which screws the timing of the route and gets your QB sacked or you throw it anticipating 5 yds and the DB picks it cuz your WR failed to run the route at the correct depth!

RR should also affect how closely the DBs can anticipate the route, 99 ManCov CBs should be rare but have excellent ability to recognize routes (notice I did not say play recognition, but route recognition) and if you show that DB the same route multiple times he is gonna shut it down (no matter if the actual play is different). When matched up against 99 RR WRs they should "sell" something else - as in a WR running a Post would head fake towards the corner, or when running an out or hitch he should "sell" the fly route.

I don't know how to figure the computations the game needs to make, but 99 RR vs. 99 ManCov should be an interesting battle - of course if you have a 99 RR WR with 99 SPD vs a 99 RR DB with 89 SPD the DB may jump the route or be in perfect position at the cut point, but if given time the WR will seperate due to the speed advantage, meaning you will have to "roll" safety help to that DB, or dbl team the WR or whatever!

These "position specific" attributes are where EA needs to expand or spread out how the numbers affect the game play!!!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

foolish813 12-01-2009 05:05 PM

Re: This post needs it's own thread

If u have anymore ideas on how to make passing offense or defense better please add them to this thread.

stlstudios189 12-01-2009 05:35 PM

bring back the vision cone I was a cool concept that should have stayed in the game as an option.

RayAllen20 12-01-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlstudios189 (Post 2040508985)
bring back the vision cone I was a cool concept that should have stayed in the game as an option.

yeah i would like it as an option.

C the Lyte 12-02-2009 09:23 AM

I agree with the OP on position specific ratings. After I got to thinking about it though, we have those. CB's have man/zone coverage ratings. WR's route based ratings. OL having blocking ratings (footwork, strength, etc.). I think they just need to matter more. Pre-sliders and pre patches, scrub OL could do a decent job blocking star DE's. This should not happen. Scrub WR's can kill great CB's just because they are faster. Speed kills in this game. It's not as bad as in previous Maddens, but still a factor.

And I am not saying speed shouldn't be a factor. Elite speed should be in this game as it is in real-life. But a crappy route running receiver with 95 speed should not be killing a great corner with 88 speed. A 65 rated Should not be blocking Dwight Freeney with effectiveness for the majority of the game.

As far as the vision cone is concerned, I am completely in favor of it. Most of the time, you have 5 eligible receivers on any given pass play. With added pressure, the QB should be able to the 3rd progression at the most.

Skyboxer 12-02-2009 03:07 PM

Until we have a system that is "Throw to a point on the field" and not just hit X for WR X I won't be happy. Heck I loved TV Sports Football and John Elway(Arcade game) passing better than what we have now.
Most people loved Fevers Read and lead system but all agreed it needed a slight tune up (like making the cursor a tad faster)
When you had a good game passing you really felt good about it and felt you accomplished something.

Anyways that's my .02...

bigjake62505 12-02-2009 04:47 PM

Ratings mean squat in this game and until they figure out how to have physics matter in the madden world it will continue.