Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Question about roster depth/backups (/forums/showthread.php?t=379786)

crenk 12-02-2009 05:24 PM

Question about roster depth/backups

So I am playing franchise with New England in my receiving core I have both Julian Edelman and Isaiah Stanbeck. They were QB's in college and both have serviceable QB ratings in madden 10. So why behind Brady and his backup are the punter and kicker listed as 3rd and 4th string, with no way of putting either receiver in as qb? Anybody know how to work around this?

DonkeyJote 12-02-2009 05:51 PM

Re: Question about roster depth/backups

They don't want people to be able to cheese by putting rb's and wr's at QB and running all day with them. My suggestion would be to run Wildcat with them if you want to go that route.

43Chargers4Now 12-02-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonkeyJote (Post 2040512343)
They don't want people to be able to cheese by putting rb's and wr's at QB and running all day with them. My suggestion would be to run Wildcat with them if you want to go that route.

That's exactly it I'm sure many veterans have nightmares about these for words.

Michael Vick, Online, Madden 2004

Boregard 12-03-2009 01:26 AM

I get what guys are saying about these WRs or RBs at QB, but seriously I thought that the "stretched ratings" would take care of that. I mean that guy from Seattle actually played WR while serving as the backup QB and I actually would love to see my opponent trying this version of "cheese" because it turns into a sack fest and pick party for my D.

Maybe lock them out for online ranked games, but in franchise mode online or off there should be a setting to allow any player to be in any Depth Chart spot at any position.

I would do it just as my 3rd QB, I hardly ever run the wildcat, barely scramble for yards (I will try to move to buy time to throw), and I will run the backup QB in one formation like once every 6 games for a play or two.

I mean teams in the NFL actually list guys that are no longer QBs as their emergency QB on game day so why can't we in essence do the same?