Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Question about Madden created drafts... (/forums/showthread.php?t=380606)

bpac55 12-06-2009 09:08 AM

Question about Madden created drafts...

I don't have the game yet but I am considering getting it for Christmas. What I want to know is can you edit the Madden classes at all? I see where people have found the alter egoes of NFL legends. Can you make the fake John Elway..John Elway or are you stuck with his fake name?

Also are the Madden classes better than imported NCAA classes or will that just be personal preference...I know i like realism and want to have the college players but I know that their ratings are always jacked up.

GlennN 12-06-2009 11:06 AM

Re: Question about Madden created drafts...

As far as I know, you cannot edit the canned draft classes - what they are is what they are. I think you were exactly right when you said the comparison of canned draft classes to the NCAA exported ones is a subjective question. I have not done much of the NCAA classes, but I understand there are fewer late round gems in the NCAA classes (the canned draft classes are created to have a wider range). I doubt I will be buying Madden next year, so I am happy we can at least use NCAA to create draft classes (as opposed to NHL 10, where we are just stuck with canned draft classes).

duckfever8 12-06-2009 12:19 PM

You can't edit the fake classes, but after your done drafting the players, you can change their names and college and such. But you can't change the ratings.

CLEAR17 12-06-2009 12:22 PM

You can change the created players names and equipment. You can't edit height or weight or player size.

It really is personal preference. Ncaa classes don't have many quality late round players.

bpac55 12-07-2009 12:07 AM

ok tahts what i wanted to know..thanks...so if the fake john elway has the same size and is white i might as well make him john elway if i want.