Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Getting long term injuries in franchise? (/forums/showthread.php?t=380800)

im_noob 12-07-2009 01:36 AM

Getting long term injuries in franchise?

Seems like most injuries that i get on my team don't last longer than like a quarter. Is there any way to fix this?

JaymeeAwesome 12-07-2009 08:23 AM

Re: Getting long term injuries in franchise?

choose not to put them back in the game?

jhill396 12-08-2009 08:24 PM

same here. i haven't had an injury that kept a player out for one game. I'm in my second season

jhill396 12-08-2009 08:37 PM

any help???

tarantism 12-09-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhill396 (Post 2040535479)
any help???

Honestly you can't do much to change that without making the injuries so frequent that the game would become unplayable.

Personally I would like to see some kind of injury severity slider, because I want less overall injuries, but when comes I want it to be something that I really have to adjust to.

One thing that you can do is sim the preseason. Sometimes to make the game more difficult I sim the preseason and then anybody who is hurt I put on IR, not matter how long the injury is for.

All in all the injuries need some revamping in this game....but so does more of the other stuff, soooo....

Valdarez 12-09-2009 02:40 AM

I have had at least one season ending injury each year I played, and my injuries are only on default (50). Lost my starting safety in season one (forced me to pick up a scrub to cover his spot). DWare was out in game 3 in my second season. Lost Felix Jones about 10 games in on season 3 I believe. Not sure whose out in season 4 right now.

I would say just enjoy it and be glad you haven't lost anyone! :)

Farwing 12-09-2009 03:27 AM

It is my first season with my Saints since the patch 2. Injury slider is set to 40. I have about 6-7 injuries a game (for the two teams). I already have two long term injuries (8 and 10 weeks) by now (only two games in the regular season).

Like Valdarez said : just be glad !

bill2451 12-09-2009 11:27 AM

yeah, I have an expansion team that's getting beabanged up a bit... after my 4 preseason games I have my starting MLB out w/ a broken collerbone for 10 more weeks (probably my best defensive player, so that one hurt), my backup C out 6 weeks, and my LG out for 1 more week (got hurt first week of preseason) and just got my #2 WR back after he got hurt week 1 of preseason