Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden Customizations (/forums/showthread.php?t=380815)

DevilRayn 12-07-2009 04:09 AM

Madden Customizations

I think when madden releases a patch they should offer a way to view each change in the patch and choose whether or not it should be turned on or off. Under the 'My Madden' menu, it would be nice to be able to turn off certain changes i don't like, per patch.

For patches that fix certain aspects for some and ruin aspects for others they should have control of post patch or pre patch play. and in what areas they should have to use.

PlatooN 12-07-2009 09:48 AM

Re: Madden Customizations

I would love the option to turn OFF Madden`s voice when using ask madden like they have in NCAA to turn off Corso's voice.
it's extremely annoying when Collinsworth and Madden are talking over eachother

Valdarez 12-07-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falzon (Post 2040529429)
I would love the option to turn OFF Madden`s voice when using ask madden like they have in NCAA to turn off Corso's voice.
it's extremely annoying when Collinsworth and Madden are talking over eachother

Why? You don't like hearing Madden telling all you need to do is run out the clock when you're behind by 2 scores?

The voice wouldn't bother me if it were accurate every time, but then I like John Madden so I might not be as sensitive to the voice itself. I'd say right now ole John is only about 80% accurate. What's worse is his play calling is bad, bad, and more bad. (he doesn't even call the right packages for a given situation)

PlatooN 12-07-2009 10:00 AM

Val what i mean is Madden talking while collinsworth is talking...for instance i complete a 30 yard pass and Collinsworth starts talking about Rodgers arm strength and while he's talking i press "ask madden" and then John starts talking about the next play while chris is still talking about the last play?
know what i mean?

koberulz 12-07-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdarez (Post 2040529448)
Why? You don't like hearing Madden telling all you need to do is run out the clock when you're behind by 2 scores?

Never heard something that bad, but I've also never heard 'no need to rush; a score on this drive and you're within a touchdown of tying it up' in the right situation. I've been more than two scores down and heard it, less than a touchdown behind and heard it, I've heard it with 30 seconds to go, I think I may have even heard it while in front.

Valdarez 12-07-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koberulz (Post 2040529576)
Never heard something that bad, but I've also never heard 'no need to rush; a score on this drive and you're within a touchdown of tying it up' in the right situation. I've been more than two scores down and heard it, less than a touchdown behind and heard it, I've heard it with 30 seconds to go, I think I may have even heard it while in front.

Yeah, it's all over the place. Sometimes it's fine, and other times it's just really off. They need to #1 fix the play calling so it's better (after fixing the AI play calling), and then tune the Madden wording so it's accurate more often (ideally all the time).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falzon (Post 2040529466)
Val what i mean is Madden talking while collinsworth is talking...for instance i complete a 30 yard pass and Collinsworth starts talking about Rodgers arm strength and while he's talking i press "ask madden" and then John starts talking about the next play while chris is still talking about the last play?
know what i mean?

Yep, I've noticed that at times.

jsquigg 12-07-2009 11:06 AM

To the point of being able to adjust settings to use the patch or not, I think every game needs the tuner settings used in NHL 10. You can update the game without using a patch and that's brilliant and should be used by all EA's sports games.