Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   OS Fact or Fiction: Game Development 101 Edition (/forums/showthread.php?t=380870)

RaychelSnr 12-07-2009 12:17 PM

OS Fact or Fiction: Game Development 101 Edition

We are now moving straight into the worst time of the year for sports gaming and life in general: the dead of winter.

While everyone curses the weather, we are trying to simply keep balance in life by trying to find notable topics to disagree on. Operation Sports staff writer rookies Dustin Toms and Lucian Junto are in the hotseat today to answer Fact or Fiction questions relating to sports gaming development. Topics for this week range from yearly sports gaming releases to the importance of dynasty modes, do they mostly agree or disagree? Find out after the jump!

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: Game Development 101 Edition

boomhauertjs 12-07-2009 12:52 PM

Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Game Development 101 Edition

I have to disagree on the sports games should be released every year. I'd rather see a game released every other year and roster updates in between releases to allow for adequate development time and testing.

Hova57 12-07-2009 01:27 PM

I think you lose contact with the public when you do an every other year approach with sports games. As good as an idea as it sounds. when that season starts and progress the sports gamer will want to play to mirror what's currently happening. it works in other types of games that are based on fiction, but sports games tie deeply into the reality of the sport.

jaosming 12-07-2009 02:37 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if EA/2k are required to put a game out every single season by the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB.

CreatineKasey 12-07-2009 05:03 PM

Lucian was right on with that last question. Atta boy! Represent the gameplay guys!

JkA3 12-07-2009 07:12 PM

good topic. nice read.

DirtyJerz32 12-11-2009 03:56 PM

Very nice read.

IMO, doing roster updates and patches would help the community and our strive for perfection but, I think they would hurt those less diehards out there.

They buy it because it's Madden and the NFL. They don't care about all the little things. They just want football. We won't everything and think doing patches and roster updates while helping us, it hurts them.

JMHO...

allisa 12-15-2009 12:45 AM

I thinks this chill weather is effecting in balance in life. Its nice topic to read.