Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   No updates on my xbox (/forums/showthread.php?t=380879)

steve81 12-07-2009 01:13 PM

No updates on my xbox

Hi everybody,
it's my first time in a forum, so sorry for mistakes (and bad english!).
I have a problem with madden patchs, I can't install it!
Reading forums i found that theorically i should just turn on my console and let EA doing its job.
Instead I just run the game with my internet connection but nothing happens, at the beginning i thought it was cause there was a special section in the xbox live menus (like for the updates of the depth charts, that, for example i download perfectly with no problems...), after looking all the sub menus i did not find nothing so i thought i could'not download the update cause i was a silver member, and yes, i bought a gold member code, but still nothing happens! I just played a game on-line 20 minutes thinking the xbox would tell me about any problem with my missing upgrades but still nothing. Now, most people would say:ok you can play so what's the problem? But if a patch of 185MB more or less exists, and can fix some problems of the game...damn i want it since i paid 60 euros for it!if i read correctly and the patch is 185mb i think it's quite impossible i did'nt see it while downloading or installing...I have a european xbox i don't know if this mean something...i also looked in the xbox hard disk for some kind of madden file similar to a patch but just found my saves and rosters...
I updated othe games like nba 2k10 so i don't think it's a problem of internet connection or something like that

Thank you for your help and still sorry for any mistake!

roadman 12-07-2009 01:17 PM

Re: No updates on my xbox

Last Friday, one of the producers made a thread that stated the 360 was going to be out about a week later than the PS3 patch.

So, it should be here sometime Thursday or Friday if all goes well.

steve81 12-07-2009 01:23 PM

thank you for the reply,
i think you mean the patch 2#, but i can't even install the first one wich i think was released more than a month ago, that's why i find it a little bit strange, i just wanted to understand if i can't cause of a problem of my xbox or what

crumpled_heap 12-07-2009 02:31 PM

If you played online then you have the patch. If you still are not convinced, then clear your cache and redownload it.

maademperor 12-07-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh348 (Post 2040530247)
If you played online then you have the patch. If you still are not convinced, then clear your cache and redownload it.

what he said. did you just buy the game? wonder if they've started "slipstreaming" the first patch into newly pressed copies?

stefancourt 12-07-2009 03:07 PM

Best way to find out if you have the 1st patch is to see if you have the broadcast camera. If you do then you have patch #1.

steve81 12-07-2009 06:38 PM

thank you all for the replies,
i have broadcast camera that theorically, i understood means the game is correctly updated. So thank you all again for your time and sorry for the mistake.
Anyway my copy of madden is quite old, since i took it in the end of September in Milan at gamestop store...i don't think it was already patched even if in the usa came out earlier...

Anyway I hope I'll check up soon with patch number 2!:cheers444

xprodigy89 12-07-2009 07:54 PM

i heard that a game is only allowed to be updated 2 times and that since they missed something on the xbox update they would rather go back and release it a week later...i dunno just heard it from some one