Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New to Madden 10. Franchise questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=381142)

brawltimore 12-08-2009 12:38 PM

New to Madden 10. Franchise questions

Hi all, this forum has been great to read and really helpful.
Just curious of a few things in this new version of Madden.

What big changes from last years franchise have been made?
Do teams still cut their best players in the offseason due to the cap?
In the draft, will the Colts draft 2 QB's in the first round?
Can you change CPU teams in offseason?
Does Madden automatically change jersey numbers from imported draft classes? For instance a LB in college can wear #3, will it correct it?
Can you edit CPU players numbers, position?

My PS3 stopped reading blu-ray and DVD about a month ago. Of course this happened a year after the Sony warranty was up.
Been itching to try the new Madden, was pretty bummed about the franchise mode from last year.

Thanks to any and all who reply.

buddha9009 12-08-2009 12:48 PM

Re: New to Madden 10. Franchise questions

Hi all, this forum has been great to read and really helpful.
Just curious of a few things in this new version of Madden.

NOT MANY

NOT REALLY "BEST PLATERS" usually if they are the best players they are also old players (ie Hines Ward, Desmond Mason etc etc)

Not sure if this exact instance would happen. But the CPU drafting is still horrible.

No. But you can edit CPU players or you can select all 32 teams and manage it all.

Does Madden automatically change jersey numbers from imported draft classes? For instance a LB in college can wear #3, will it correct it?
Not sure, haven't done the whole NCAA importing thing since like NCAA 06 on Ps2.

YES

My PS3 stopped reading blu-ray and DVD about a month ago. Of course this happened a year after the Sony warranty was up.
Been itching to try the new Madden, was pretty bummed about the franchise mode from last year.
That sucks don't hear about PS3's breaking down much.
My 360 is a champ though.

Thanks to any and all who reply.

spanky23 12-08-2009 01:22 PM

There may not be many new things added to franchise, but the franchise seems more fun to play this year (at least in my opinion)

They don't cut their best players but good players will enter free agency when their contracts are up.

The CPU will normally take the best available at certain positions. I wouldn't say the draft logic is horrible, but sometimes they do not fill needed positions.

No. But you can edit CPU players or you can select all 32 teams and manage it all (I would suggest this, makes the draft more fun as you can make sure players are selected when they should be and teams fill all needs).

Yes they do. I have simulated some drafts just to study a couple of things and noticed that Taylor Mays' number went from 2 to 20 something or 40 something every time and same with Sergio Kindle. He also wears number 2 and it was changed to 50 something or 90 every time.

YES

I personally am thoroughly enjoying my offline franchise. I am in the Superbowl of my first full year (just started this weekend because I was waiting for the patch and also playing through a few seasons on NCAA). I control all 32 teams but play with the Jets. I set all options to CPU controlled but can't wait for the draft as I will take control of every team and try and play out the draft as Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and Scout's Inc. see it going. I would recommend running your franchise this way. Definitely keeps you more involved and makes the game more interesting.

Timeetyo 12-08-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky23 (Post 2040533916)
No. But you can edit CPU players or you can select all 32 teams and manage it all (I would suggest this, makes the draft more fun as you can make sure players are selected when they should be and teams fill all needs).

I am going to pick up madden for PS3 for xmas, and will be also starting an offline franchise. With that said, can I get some clarifcation on the above:

- Does this mean if I only pick 1 team (prolly will start with raiders), and a few years down the road I can't switch in offseason to take over a different team? If so, that'll bug me as my usual franchise challenge is to build up a team till I win the superbowl, then next year take over the team with the worst record and start rebuilding again.

- If I go the route of GM for all 32 (with cpu sim for 31), I'm assuming I'll be able to change which team I "controll" easily and bounce as needed? If I do this, what are the downsides to managing all of the teams this way? Any major headaches in the offseason?

Thanks for the help.

buddha9009 12-09-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeetyo (Post 2040535777)
I am going to pick up madden for PS3 for xmas, and will be also starting an offline franchise. With that said, can I get some clarifcation on the above:

- Does this mean if I only pick 1 team (prolly will start with raiders), and a few years down the road I can't switch in offseason to take over a different team? If so, that'll bug me as my usual franchise challenge is to build up a team till I win the superbowl, then next year take over the team with the worst record and start rebuilding again.

- If I go the route of GM for all 32 (with cpu sim for 31), I'm assuming I'll be able to change which team I "controll" easily and bounce as needed? If I do this, what are the downsides to managing all of the teams this way? Any major headaches in the offseason?

Thanks for the help.

CORRECT
I've never actually done it myself. But hold up. Let me do it real quick sim a season see what I can all do. And get back at you momentarily.

buddha9009 12-09-2009 06:54 AM

Ok here is what you were probably wondering most about.

The whole CPU/HUMAN management under franchise set up.

It is based PER team rotating team for team.
So you could set it to "CPU" for all teams except the one your actively controlling each season etc etc

Does this answer your question?

spanky23 12-09-2009 09:57 AM

I just finished up my first year in franchise where I controlled all 32 teams. All the franchise options were set to CPU. The only downside to that is that the CPU will sometimes sign players to your team to fill roster needs during sim. But they only sign 1 year contracts so it doesn't hurt you at all.

At the end of the year all off season tasks can be done manually or you can have the cpu do all. I did all the staff hiring myself.

Free agency: I re-signed the players for my team (the Jets), but didn't try and sign any free agents as I didn't have any big needs that couldn't be filled in the draft. But if you sim the free agency task the CPU will sign players to all of the other teams and fill the needs of the team as much as possible.

Draft: The draft is absolutely amazing to do if you control all 32 teams. I had my brother over which made it more fun because we debated and had to agree on everything done during the draft (trades, picks, etc.). We scout a lot during the year so we took the projections madden gives, as well as our own projections (along with team needs) and made picks accordingly. The draft took about 45 minutes but it was a lot of fun.

Depth CHarts: I reordered most of the depth charts to make sure teams were starting the best player available for that position. The CPU does a good job at this as well, but I also started some rookies in cases where I felt they would get the chance to start in real life (i.e. a rookie rated 71 starting over a veteran rated 71 or a little higher, also we put Tebow on the Panthers and even though we are not big fans we thought he was a better option than Delhomme).

Overall I think controlling all 32 teams is a lot more funa nd makes the offline franchise new and exciting with every new year. As long as you have the patience to go through the off season it is worth doing. And if you have a sibling or friend who enjoys football I would recommend having them over for the off season tasks.