Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA Please Tune Franchise Weather!!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=381379)

JayD 12-09-2009 04:21 PM

EA Please Tune Franchise Weather!!!!

I was hoping that franchise weather would of been tuned for more variety in patch 2 but it hasnt been touched. I think weather was done very poorly this year and why not just go back to random weather like it has been in the past? The current system where everything is predetermined and even stays the same when you re start your franchise is not what it should be IMO. There are just way to many games that are played in clear skies. Sim a Green Bay franchise and year one there are 15 games played with clear skies with 1 game played in partly cloudy skies, lol. Anyways I know it's not a game breaker but it would be nice to see more variety. I hope more of you guys feel the same way and I know this probably won't even be looked at by EA but it would be nice.

njd.aitken 12-09-2009 04:29 PM

Re: EA Please Tune Franchise Weather!!!!

Random weather isn't preferable for me. They have the weather channel sponsor, why not just take the weather from each game that actually happened.

For example, if the game has been played in real life, then use the weather the game took place in.

If not, use a forecast or random is it comes to that.

JayD 12-09-2009 04:31 PM

That's actually a good idea, I think Fifa10 does something similar to that but im not sure. After year one they should use random weather though. The only thing I don't get is why there isnt more variety and why does the weather always have to be the same every year? Why not have it change when you re start a franchise.

bigjdotcom01 12-09-2009 04:36 PM

I would take having the option to have the roof open or closed in retractable roof stadiums (Houston, Dallas, Indianapolis and Arizona). Right now the roof is always closed, except in Dallas where it is closed, yet it still rains.

kbshowtime 12-09-2009 06:06 PM

Dude I had to move my team to Alaska just so I can have alot of bad weather games.....Canada is also another good place to move your team. In Alaska its like 20 degrees in the preseason.

Boregard 12-09-2009 07:49 PM

No predetermined weather and why should it be tied to the real weather outside in franchise mode?

That would mean my December games in Green Bay in my franchise would be played in 80 degree perfect weather cuz the real calender says August???

Just have the game logically generate random weather based on location and date each time you start a game in franchise and for play now just have it randomly generate weather within the range that the home team would really see during the NFL season!

JayD 12-09-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boregard (Post 2040538546)
No predetermined weather and why should it be tied to the real weather outside in franchise mode?

That would mean my December games in Green Bay in my franchise would be played in 80 degree perfect weather cuz the real calender says August???

Just have the game logically generate random weather based on location and date each time you start a game in franchise and for play now just have it randomly generate weather within the range that the home team would really see during the NFL season!

That's not what we were talking about. After the real game has been played use the actual weather of that game for the same week in your franchise. Obviously it would only work if the game has already been played live and after you passed the real teams week it should be randomized. Oh and Green Bays weather in this game is way off

Boregard 12-09-2009 08:05 PM

OK, I get what your saying and I know all about Green Bay weather as I live thirty minutes from there and yes M10 is not even close to representing that in any mode.

I guess I was just thinking why bother with tracking the weather that closely that you recreate it if that game had actually been played when just tweaking the random weather to be more ... well random would serve just as well?