Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster... (/forums/showthread.php?t=381398)

geraldparr 12-09-2009 06:28 PM

Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster...

Most people feel it's good that ea turned down the game speed for madden 2010. i tend to agree. the only thing i hate is how slow the players look sometimes...football is a fast game...it would be nice if ea could at least make it appear that the players are running faster while maintaining the game speed of madden 2010..

anyone else ever feel like the players look to slow when playing madden 10?

sniperhare 12-09-2009 06:30 PM

Re: Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster...

You can still adjust the game speed, go into the settings and change it.

Valdarez 12-09-2009 06:31 PM

How do you look fast and still play slow? That sounds confusing...

geraldparr 12-09-2009 06:37 PM

i watched a percy harvin kick return on youtube and thought i was watching a slow motion replay...his legs were moving beyond slow...madden 10 just doesn't look like a fast game...but maybe i'm the only one who thinks the game looks slow..

Meast21Forever 12-09-2009 07:17 PM

i agree. it seems like the players stride is too large. they don't take enough steps. players like steve smith, santana moss, percy harvin, desean jackson, etc. these guys 'look' fast. guys like moss, larry fitz, etc. are fast, but their size contributes to that. when you watch the little players in real life compared those in madden, it just seems off. i see what you're saying and completely agree.

nikesandman 12-09-2009 07:17 PM

Hey man, I completely agree.

If you watch an NFL game it is completely different. The players in Madden look like they are moving real slow. I think this is a mechanics problem with the game. Really they need to scrap the current system and start fresh. I don't think that they can build any more off of what they have.

Definitely a good point though. Thanks.

Valdarez 12-09-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geraldparr (Post 2040538322)
i watched a percy harvin kick return on youtube and thought i was watching a slow motion replay...his legs were moving beyond slow...madden 10 just doesn't look like a fast game...but maybe i'm the only one who thinks the game looks slow..

I'm playing on Very Slow, and think the game needs slowed down just a little more in order to allow for better passing mechanics / defensive reads.

Boregard 12-09-2009 07:39 PM

I think they need to jack up the speed to at least normal for the default settings, the game plays too dang slow!!!

the game play online feels like the whole stinking game is in slow motion and I am sorry but i fail to see how the slowed down game play helps anything, especially passing and pass defense. It is a rare occasion in the NFL for a QB to get to his third read - there just isn't enough time - we always here about the speed of the game, well go watch a game in person (if u can) and then sit and play Madden and it is like watching Super Duper Slow Motion !!!

Last gen had a better feel to both the level of control of the action on the field and the flow of the game from a speed perspective. It should not take my RB 2.5 seconds to hit the LOS on a dive play for crying out loud!