Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sim stats testing thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=381489)

BlueNGold 12-10-2009 07:36 AM

Sim stats testing thread

Don't know if there is a test thread for sim stats yet so if there is then this can be closed.

Anyways, now that the patch for 360 users is out, us 360 guys can finally get to testing the sim stats and trying to fix them. I figure it would be a good idea to have us all test our theories out on how to fix the sim stats and lower the issues like high RB yardage, sack #'s, etc.

I won't be testing anything out til later today but I'm gonna start off by seeing what effect the pass/run coaching slider will have on running and passing #'s.

Fuuuhaa 12-10-2009 08:25 AM

Re: Sim stats testing thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueNGold (Post 2040539992)
Don't know if there is a test thread for sim stats yet so if there is then this can be closed.

Anyways, now that the patch for 360 users is out, us 360 guys can finally get to testing the sim stats and trying to fix them. I figure it would be a good idea to have us all test our theories out on how to fix the sim stats and lower the issues like high RB yardage, sack #'s, etc.

I won't be testing anything out til later today but I'm gonna start off by seeing what effect the pass/run coaching slider will have on running and passing #'s.

Why bother, the stats are far worse then they wore.
RB will have 6-7 yards per carry first year and it will go up to 7-10 yards per carry deep into franchise.
Also Sacks are way off, with team averaging 35-80 sacks per season, thats 100% more then in real life!?!

British Bronco 12-10-2009 08:38 AM

There is little that you as a player can do to fix a lot of these stats. Things like RB average carry are generated independently and changig offensive/defensive aggressiveness is never going to change that.

It might be possible to reduce the ridiculous number of sacks by reducing the defensive agression sliders for all 32 teams. I'll be testing that shortly.

But the sim engine is utterly broken. They should have designed it around average yards per play and built it up from there.

JaymeeAwesome 12-10-2009 09:22 AM

This type of thread has already been started in the sliders forum. Actually the sliders forum has many posts regarding the way to fix sim stats. here's the link:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...patch-2-a.html

sapp99 12-10-2009 10:11 AM

Might the sim stats be fixable through supersim? Because Im playing a franchise and Im already in season 6 or so, so it would be cool if I would not have to restart my franchise to get somewhat realistic stats.
Or should I just not download the patch? There seem to be some good gameplay improvements though...

Romeclone 12-10-2009 10:23 AM

I am guessing that the sim stats being messed up is a result of somthing EA did in patch 2 then.

I am strictly an offline dynasty player, while the gameplay improvements may be nice, I can't play the game with RB's racking up 7-10 ypc. That's stupid and typical of EA.

I hope the braintrust here at OS can solve the problem, but if not, no patch for me. :smirk:

stux 12-10-2009 10:38 AM

I will post some results from my previous post.

But don't get THIS thread locked.

stux 12-10-2009 10:40 AM

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CSTUNON%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Year one:
<o:p> </o:p>
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040518718
Year Two:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040518792
Year Three:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040518889