Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   has anyone seen these DB/WR animations from the blog? (/forums/showthread.php?t=381638)

huskerwr38 12-10-2009 11:25 PM

has anyone seen these DB/WR animations from the blog?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUy0NCOM0Y4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUy0NCOM0Y4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have never seen these DB animations in that game, they look pretty sweet, but I have yet to see a DB make a break like that ever. Just kind of wondering if anyone has seen these DB animations?

huskerwr38 12-10-2009 11:27 PM

Re: has anyone seen these DB/WR animations from the blog?

another thing, why don't the running animations look as smooth and realistic as they do in these videos?

joejccva71 12-10-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskerwr38 (Post 2040542719)
another thing, why don't the running animations look as smooth and realistic as they do in these videos?

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking.

carnalnirvana 12-11-2009 05:48 AM

yes, the game plays like this on rookie, anything above that the game has to express difficulty by making defensive players cut physis,

if a db played that smooth on all madden it would be a completion so to express better defense the db will turn on a dime and swat or pick the pass

mr_president 12-11-2009 10:01 AM

those are the animations that were promised and those are the animations that should be in the game no matter the difficulty.

i haven't seen those animations any where in my game

....this is the classic bait and switch

o Mass Murda o 12-11-2009 10:44 AM

ive noticed them in the game. but u really have to be looking for them in replays. the patch #1 did help open up the wr/db interaction off the line and opened up animations that werent being seen upon release cuz everyone always got off the press to the right. now with wr's beating presses to both sides, animations opened up and looked more like the blogs.

as far as what u posted in that green screen vid, it does happen but as someone else stated, i think they speed the animations up and take out some of the integrity to make the game harder. it seems they speed up the animation to get the lb in position to make a play, where he honestly should be outta position. thats classic madden tho when u up the diff levels. the ai dont play smarter, they just "cheat" and cut corners to beat u. if u wanna see all the true animations and have it play it out right, ur gonna have to play on rookie or pro....but who wants to do that?

Hova57 12-11-2009 10:54 AM

if you play on slow game speed you see the animations better than u would if you played on normal

huskerwr38 12-11-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnalnirvava (Post 2040543382)
yes, the game plays like this on rookie, anything above that the game has to express difficulty by making defensive players cut physis,

if a db played that smooth on all madden it would be a completion so to express better defense the db will turn on a dime and swat or pick the pass

If that is the case, who says animations don't dictate gameplay. I've never tried playing on rookie so I'll have to do that. Also, watch some of the other youtube videos of the route running prototype. The running animations are just so crisp, clean, and realistic.