Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   BackBreaker WILL have a franchise mode: The Dealbreaking stuff (/forums/showthread.php?t=381653)

Hashmeer99 12-11-2009 01:07 AM

BackBreaker WILL have a franchise mode: The Dealbreaking stuff

Just for ease of clarification. So many people say without a franchise mode there is no way they'll get the game, so instead of forcing people to dig through page 9 of some abscure thread, here is the quote from the dev himself:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torsten Reil
There are more than 32 teams.

The game features a multi-year season mode incl. drafting and scouting. We're not calling it Franchise right now because we know how fussy you guys are about Franchise mode. We will call it Franchise in the future when we feel we can meet all the expectations that that term evokes.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Which was posted in their forums by him, right here:

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/sho...611#post148611

Best of all, I like how he has the personal integrity not to over build up his game, and is instead completely honest about the fact that while they have scouting, etc and multi-year mode, they aren't willing to call it "Franchise mode" until the phrase accurately describes it in terms of quality as well as basic content.

Also, another good quote was this:

"With total team customization, players can create their own rosters and adjust their team’s colors, logos and more. Going on the offense from kickoff to end zone"

So, we know there is a type of franchise (although it will probably not be all that detailed), and you can customize rosters, team colors, and especially their logos.

These two issues are so important to football gaming that they warrant a thread, and in fact I'd say a sticky, but thats just me.

TheCreep 12-11-2009 03:41 AM

Re: BackBreaker WILL have a franchise mode: The Dealbreaking stuff

Thank you kind sir. This is great news indeed. I personally have no major issues with the Madden franchise, I get about 2 games daily, but I'm anxious to try this new physics engine.

Multi year season and full customization? I'll definitely try this one out. Along with that, they must have different body types and facemasks, thats something I haven't noticed in the screen shots and vids.

In my opinion they should also do away with that futuristic look. The players look like androids or something. Not feeling that.

True Blue Titan 12-11-2009 06:25 AM

like the 5th thread on this same thing

brza37 12-11-2009 10:30 AM

Awesome news. Makes a huge difference for me. Thanks for the info. :woot:

rarepelicanthethird 12-14-2009 11:15 PM

I like how none of the guys who normally talk about BB failing is posting in this thread.

Erratic 12-16-2009 02:25 AM

What are the chances the customization will allow us to re-create NFL rosters? I always wished All-pro did that, maybe BB will allow that freedom.

headsigh 12-17-2009 06:57 PM

Sounds a lot like Football Manager with non-licensed leagues with the whole team and thing. That's just wishful thinking, but I have to think with more than 32 teams available there would be some sort of multi-league or promotion/relegation, which would be awesome.

falconfansince81 12-18-2009 11:32 AM

don't know if you guys have read this article yet but it was new to me, i like the fact they are working on multiple camera angles so its not one fixed 3rd person view:

http://kotaku.com/5416226/backbreaker-going-for-broke